Home

Does anyone play this way?

This is a discussion on Does anyone play this way? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Does anyone play this way?

I already feel like I have too much of an advantage in playcalling over the cpu so I do not use any audibles.

The only hot routes I use are to keep a RB in to block or to prevent any deep patterns since the deep ball is way too easy. (Playing coach mode btw)

Even with all the house rules I use and sliders in the cpu's favor, i've still been to 3 National Championship games in 6 years.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #10
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't really use hot routes just because they aren't really useful routes. When I do, it will be to hot route to a streak if a safety sneaks up. I do use the R1 hot route to make sure the route gets to the first down line quite often. There was a game some time when you could customize what routes the quick hot routes were, I think it might have been Madden 3 or 4 years ago. I do keep guys in to block occasionally, sometimes I hot route the HB to block on plays that "should" be play action. That kills the action. It is especially useful on automotion plays in Shotgun Wing, you get the look without the slow play action.

I do however use quick audibles and regular audibles constantly. I make an audible on nearly every play. I usually call a play in the huddle with the intention of audibling if I see a certain look on defense and my audibles are set up to where I can have two plays in the huddle. One called, one check down plus any number of quick audibles.

There is way too much CPU cheating and way too much user over-aggression to not use audibles.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I LOVE quick audibles. Save me against the blitz all the time. Rarely use regular audibles, though. I've started to play offense by using 'Ask Coach' and picking one of the three plays, because I noticed that I was only using a small portion of my playbook, and wanted to rectify that. It's actually helped me a lot, and is a lot more fun.

Use hot routes all the time, usually to add protection or to put a receiver in the area where the blitz is coming from. Sliding protection is a must as well.

Defensively I love the coverage audibles, and showing blitz then not coming. Really changes up the looks I can give, which is good, because I use a lot of pretty vanilla coverages, although I blitz maybe 40% of the time (maybe more).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecktum
Except for occasionally formation audibling to a run, I run the plays as called. I am not morally opposed to hot routes or audibles, I am just too lazy to use the tools provided.
Yes, this is me as well. Just too lazy for all those adjustments. In fact it even annoys me that I have to use multiple snap counts so the CPU doesn't JTS on me all game long. I have ADHD.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
I LOVE quick audibles. Save me against the blitz all the time. Rarely use regular audibles, though. I've started to play offense by using 'Ask Coach' and picking one of the three plays, because I noticed that I was only using a small portion of my playbook, and wanted to rectify that. It's actually helped me a lot, and is a lot more fun.

Use hot routes all the time, usually to add protection or to put a receiver in the area where the blitz is coming from. Sliding protection is a must as well.

Defensively I love the coverage audibles, and showing blitz then not coming. Really changes up the looks I can give, which is good, because I use a lot of pretty vanilla coverages, although I blitz maybe 40% of the time (maybe more).
I do the EXACT same thing!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie
I do the EXACT same thing!
I would do this if he didn't have 4 Verticals up there every other down. And we wonder why the CPU is always running this play.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 08-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've honestly not seen "Four Verticals" that much when I use the "Ask Coach" option. If I do, I normally just hot route my receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

i will audible put will not hot route my wr...not realistic to me...they hot route themselves when they have an option route. i use coach pick and pick between three plays...loving it so far!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »