Home

Any way to turn off CPU constantly reading my plays?!

This is a discussion on Any way to turn off CPU constantly reading my plays?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any way to turn off CPU constantly reading my plays?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
Become a better playcaller. The adaptive AI is a MFer. Pass out of running formations and run out of passing formations. Mix in options.
Then why on the very first play of a game I play, they read my play, no matter what side of the ball I'm on?!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #10
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibachi_zero
Then why on the very first play of a game I play, they read my play, no matter what side of the ball I'm on?!
Because it isn't just a game to game thing. You do something that works one week and the comp will scheme against it if you keep going for it.

I kind of like it.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
Rookie

The game not only knows whether I will pass or run (no real team can guess every time) but knows the play coming up even if audibled or hot routed. Then to top it off their players make incredible leaps etc

Wasn't this bad last year on AA or even Heisman I am playing on Varsity this year lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Because it isn't just a game to game thing. You do something that works one week and the comp will scheme against it if you keep going for it.

I kind of like it.
Thing is I just got the game today and have been playing exhibition games only lol. But since this is an unfixable thing, I guess I got to suck it up. I can pass the ball ok but running is impossible.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #13
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself

I kind of like it.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic here.

I think you're giving EA a bit too much credit here.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #14
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I honestly feel like some people use this 'psychic playcalling' as an excuse for their own bad playcalling. Before I actively worked to mix up my playcalling, I was struggling, at times, against the CPU. Now, things are much easier. I still have games, particularly when matched up against a better team, where I get shut down, but, for the most part, I have success with my offense.

In hours and hours of gameplay, several seasons worth across several dynasties and 'Play Now' games, I have NEVER seen the CPU audible after I've audibled. I must have the golden magic copy of NCAA12.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #15
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

I think some people are lost as to what this thread is about.

OP is simply stating the fact that the CPU knows exactly what play you've called every single time, which is true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #16
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
Become a better playcaller. The adaptive AI is a MFer. Pass out of running formations and run out of passing formations. Mix in options.
Adaptive AI? I'm not sure I've seen or read anywhere that says the AI in this game is adaptive. That said there also isn't concrete proof the game is cheating by being "psychic" either.

I think it does tend to call plays based on down and distance and what personnel you bring on the field (as it should). I also think some teams come in with a "gameplan" to stop the run or pass. I don't know if they base it off the opponent (like they should) or its just random but I can clearly see the CPU concentrating on shutting down a particular type of attack sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »