Home

Any way to turn off CPU constantly reading my plays?!

This is a discussion on Any way to turn off CPU constantly reading my plays?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #25
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Any way to turn off CPU constantly reading my plays?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Because it isn't just a game to game thing. You do something that works one week and the comp will scheme against it if you keep going for it.

I kind of like it.
I've changed playbooks and adjusted my playstyle from 60 run-40 pass to 55 pass-45 run and the cpu was still able to know what plays I was running. How can you scheme against something you haven't seen before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
Become a better playcaller. The adaptive AI is a MFer. Pass out of running formations and run out of passing formations. Mix in options.
I run about 35 plays out of 9 formations, use motion, audible and hot route depending on what I see in the defense, as soon as I do the defense immediately scrambles and is somehow in the be in the perfect position to stop a play I didn't even know I was going to end up running.

Some teams are better at this than others, the elite teams will almost always know and adapt while the lesser teams will end up out of position allowing you to pick them apart.

Last edited by nova91; 08-29-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #26
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Because it isn't just a game to game thing. You do something that works one week and the comp will scheme against it if you keep going for it.

I kind of like it.
lol no they don't. The AI isn't that sophisticated. It's not scheming, it's that the CPU always knows what plays you are running. It could be the first game of the year in a new dynasty and they would be psychic. This has been proven with video evidence a ton of times.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
How do we know that the computer knows what plays we're running?

Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #28
Rookie

jjkwik's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Have you considered the fact that maybe the safety is reading the O-Line? if you watch the video, the linemen act differently on the run play vs the play-action.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #29
Rookie

Hoovie's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkwik
Have you considered the fact that maybe the safety is reading the O-Line? if you watch the video, the linemen act differently on the run play vs the play-action.
If that's the case, then the sliders are broken. He clearly set D sliders to 0.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lol I don't really have an issue with the computer knowing what's coming. I mean if you pick a run play and you see the defense crowded to that side flip it to the other side with the hightlight stick and follow your blocks, if you supposed to hit a hole hit the hole. (but I will admit a lot of the blocking plays blocking are drawn up wrong) Every play in football doesn't always go for 40 yards. Take your 3-4 yard gain and line up for the next play.

Another thing about this computer knows whats coming in real football you usually match your defense personnel with what the offense puts out there so it like if you come out with double tightends and two backs I am not going to be in quarters, I will be in something that matches up with what the offense has. Plus I think if anybody on here actually played some runningback in real life you would think the defenses knew what you were running more often then not also even the big time backs gets stuffed in the backfield a lot and get only 1 and 2 yard runs a lot also. I think the AI is pretty on point in the run game. Now the pass game a whole different story, but I think if it didn't cheat the passing numbers would be crazy since it so easy, but also if you ask some real life wide outs how many perfect passes they get a game and you would hear something like 2 on a good day lol

Last edited by sfc415; 08-29-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc415
Lol I don't really have an issue with the computer knowing what's coming. I mean if you pick a run play and you see the defense crowded to that side flip it to the other side with the hightlight stick and follow your blocks, if you supposed to hit a hole hit the hole. (but I will admit a lot of the blocking plays blocking are drawn up wrong) Every play in football doesn't always go for 40 yards. Take your 3-4 yard gain and line up for the next play.

Another thing about this computer knows whats coming in real football you usually match your defense personnel with what the offense puts out there so it like if you come out with double tightends and two backs I am not going to be in quarters, I will be in something that matches up with what the offense has. Plus I think if anybody on here actually played some runningback in real life you would think the defenses knew what you were running more often then not also even the big time backs gets stuffed in the backfield a lot and get only 1 and 2 yard runs a lot also. I think the AI is pretty on point in the run game. Now the pass game a whole different story, but I think if it didn't cheat the passing numbers would be crazy since it so easy, but also if you ask some real life wide outs how many perfect passes they get a game and you would hear something like 2 on a good day lol
It's more than just that simple, my friend. He's probably been experiencing the "roster glitch".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #32
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Easy. Audible from pass to run and back again a few times, but keeping the same formation. Although no one on your side moves an inch the CPU will move around EVERY audible to set itself for the new playcall.

Very easy to prove.
Not provable at all. Anecdotal at best. When you audible the CPU adjusts, but not always. And you don't know exactly what he's adjusting to. I've audibled the SAME THING two or three times in a row and the CPU moves it's guys around. And not always to its benefit.

I think the CPU does have a decent algorithm based on down, distance, your personnel, and some percent chance it will adjust to an audible. Real people do the same thing. A guy comes out in a run formation, you're stacking the box, he audibles. There's a good chance he just audibled to a pass. You might take that into account and adjust yourself. I think the CPU is doing the same thing based on some routine and it's not always right.

I can't prove this, and I can't prove it doesn't crank up its chance of guessing right in criticial situations, but you also can't prove the CPU is just looking at your play and audibles to make all it's adjustments. No matter how much it "seems like it" to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »