Home

Psychic Defensive Backs?

This is a discussion on Psychic Defensive Backs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Psychic Defensive Backs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehetero
The problem I have, and have had for several years of Madden and NCAA now, is that there is no happy medium between varsity and AA/Heisman. If I play on the higher difficulties, no matter the sliders, I have mostly competitive games with better CPU teams and there's a chance I'll lose if I play poorly.

If I tune down to varsity and use sliders provided by the experts for that setting, the game plays more realistic. And then I slaughter Oklahoma 70-7 with UCF.

Versuz said it perfectly in one of his videos - there's no in between setting for the CPU garbage that is used to make the game "harder". On varsity it's not there at all, and on AA+ it happens ALL the time. He likened it to a slider - it's either 1 or 100, there's no 50.

It basically comes down to a choice. Do you want a realistic game that is easy, or a CPU that cheats to keep it competitive?
I understand this completely. I guess I'm not a great player because I am having very competitive games with varsity sliders.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I understand this completely. I guess I'm not a great player because I am having very competitive games with varsity sliders.
His epeen is way bigger than yours.

I echo your thoughts completely. I have very fun, realistic games on varsity. I cream the sucky teams, but then I should, since I'm Alabama. But I have tough games against LSU & Auburn every year... and have been upset 3x by Arkansas.

I also end up able to do things like the spread option, which apparently isn't possible on higher difficulty levels.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
His epeen is way bigger than yours.

I echo your thoughts completely. I have very fun, realistic games on varsity. I cream the sucky teams, but then I should, since I'm Alabama. But I have tough games against LSU & Auburn every year... and have been upset 3x by Arkansas.

I also end up able to do things like the spread option, which apparently isn't possible on higher difficulty levels.
It has nothing to do with peen bragging, it's just a statement of fact. I play alot and I actually run a scheme offense (Air Raid) that is very effective for players who read the defense and call plays accordingly from the line. With the way the game is structured, it's really easy to beat the CPU using this offense because they are robotic in their defensive calls and shifts.

Rather than making it competitive by having the CPU disguise their coverages, mix up blitzes, and react to my scheme, EA simply makes one deep defender able to cover the entire field with his back turned, linebackers able to change direction without slowing down, and DBs run routes before the receivers even break on them. This is all accomplished using an instant reaction to the button press right as you make it.

Garbage.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #20
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

if you edit rosters this problem is easily solved.

its the play recognition attribute that causes mirroring/under cutting/ghost casper DB's

if ben said its not fixable he is not telling the truth.

why EA wont fix it......???

it makes the passing game harder/easier to some degree. EX. kirkpatrick(#21 alabama) has a 92+ prc he mirrors everything. fair enough he's a beast and that 99 looks good. but give him a 70 and things play out differently.

if you run an 8yd out route and get a completion, next play he'll press, if he gets beaten next play a LB will help under or S over. and he will jump anything once he has S help vice versa

how this makes the game easier?

if you run the same play 3 times but hit your #1WR twice they will rotate to him and a TE will have room to operate, basically you can use a successful play later in the game to an almost guranteed decoy on a weak defender. so to compensate for this EA will make defenders when fooled break off cov and blindly make a play,

also without the magic tricks on D scores are high since bogus plays aren't being made,

since there is no head tracking it seems that defenders are playing the man and not the ball.

remember madden 08 when the bulb was filled the cpu knew your play, thats what 99 playrecognition does on every play, the cpu knows to react to your play call before the snap. i'll cut EA some slack if one guy on a team/field can do this but not all 11.

try it use the almighty alabama, edit their PRC of the DB's to 70 for the best (#21) and below for the others

why sliders wont work?
if sliders affected one attribute it may help but sliders lower multiple attributes IMO like agility,man/zone cov,awr, spd,,, not sure but it kills talent IMO. i want blanket cov but cuts respected from good RTE runners this accomplishes this.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #21
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana

how this makes the game easier?

if you run the same play 3 times but hit your #1WR twice they will rotate to him and a TE will have room to operate, basically you can use a successful play later in the game to an almost guranteed decoy on a weak defender.

why sliders wont work?
if sliders affected one attribute it may help but sliders lower multiple attributes IMO like agility,man/zone cov,awr, spd,,, not sure but it kills talent IMO. i want blanket cov but cuts respected from good RTE runners this accomplishes this.
Now that sound super realistic. So if u drop prc about 15 pts that could solve the problem? I might have to try that.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #22
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Now that sound super realistic. So if u drop prc about 15 pts that could solve the problem? I might have to try that.
15 may not be enough, start with the best guys at 70 then work from there. its not about the numbers it has to be about the correct representation of gameplay.

70 and lower for the test, try the DB's first

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #23
Rookie

This was on Heisman setting with the pass coverage set to 0.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
I'm no programmer, but I don't buy that the dev's can't do SOMETHING. Obviously the CPU reacts to your button presses in some capacity (like any video game). Why not add a .5 second delay in the reaction time from when you hit the "pass" button to when the CB or FS breaks off his coverage route?
Took the words right out of my mouth. I have imagined so many simple implementations that could help to alleviate this problem like a slight time delay or restricting certain animations of a defender based on the direction he is facing as well as all together disabling the catch button unless the defender is also holding down the strafe button (meaning he MUST be facing the ball in order to catch it)... None of my ideas are without flaw but they definitely improve the situation with DB's having eyes in the back of there head.

Bottom line is there are many ways for EA to tweak this to improve it quickly without having to revamp the entire passing system.

Here's to wishful thinking

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »