Home

Interception after interception after interception...

This is a discussion on Interception after interception after interception... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Interception after interception after interception...

Hold LT(L2) when you throw. You will see a noticable difference in the overall balance and delivery of your QB.

Make smart throws, avoid coverage, dont lead unless you have to, step into your deep passes, and dont run when you throw.

It is inevitable that you WILL throw picks, the game is designed to "cheat" in order to create difficulty. SO even though you know that a guy is open a DB might magically leave his coverage, ignore all basic laws of physics and get the pick. Other times your QB will make a throw that leaves you in the replay menu wondering how in the world your QB passed the 5th grade.

As long as you follow the tips above you should do fine.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Nothing against you, but I don't like how when someone says I throw too many ints the first answer is always to adjust sliders. How about before adjusting sliders they should look at what they are doing wrong? Learn to play smarter football.
I think you're completely wrong. Familiarity is what is missing here with the game. He says he's played Madden awhile so I assume he can read some basic coverages and determine man zone.

The BEST way is to use sliders to slow the game down, develop better reads, then when you get better through experience start ratcheting up the sliders. It's really that simple.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

If you are throwing a lot of picks, try calling a lot of short slants, screens and curls and don't throw unless the guy is totally open. If everyone is covered (in NCAA 12 terms), scramble or throw it away.

After a while, this seems to help with the robo/psychic interceptions.

If you simply can't pass -- it happens some games, the thing will just decide to have your passes intercepted or dropped -- try putting in the second stringer. This has worked for me, although it might be coincidence.

Another thing to try when the picks and drops are out of hand is running the ball and throwing only when you have to. Then ease back into passing. If your runners are stuffed all the time, try scrambling with the QB on passing plays, instead of trying to pass.

You are playing a game, and trying to play another game (real football) is the path to frustration. Take what it gives you, try to outsmart it.

The interception plague stinks, but I must say I prefer this to the robo QB of last year.

If all else fails, nuke 'em with sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
I think you're completely wrong. Familiarity is what is missing here with the game. He says he's played Madden awhile so I assume he can read some basic coverages and determine man zone.

The BEST way is to use sliders to slow the game down, develop better reads, then when you get better through experience start ratcheting up the sliders. It's really that simple.
In his post he mentioned that he was getting picked every other series and he pointed out that he did well on FRESHMAN level difficulty. This tells me his problem cannot be corrected by sliders.

Look I am not saying do not use sliders, I myself am using one of the sets found on this board. What I am saying is that too often people look to sliders without first looking at what it is they themselves are doing. It is like after throwing 3 ints in a game they will immediately say "gee I gotta lower the sliders."

I suggest practicing first and then adjusting sliders. By your method the player is not getting better so much as it is lowering the ability of the AI.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzman
If you are throwing a lot of picks, try calling a lot of short slants, screens and curls and don't throw unless the guy is totally open. If everyone is covered (in NCAA 12 terms), scramble or throw it away.

After a while, this seems to help with the robo/psychic interceptions.

If you simply can't pass -- it happens some games, the thing will just decide to have your passes intercepted or dropped -- try putting in the second stringer. This has worked for me, although it might be coincidence.

Another thing to try when the picks and drops are out of hand is running the ball and throwing only when you have to. Then ease back into passing. If your runners are stuffed all the time, try scrambling with the QB on passing plays, instead of trying to pass.

You are playing a game, and trying to play another game (real football) is the path to frustration. Take what it gives you, try to outsmart it.

The interception plague stinks, but I must say I prefer this to the robo QB of last year.

If all else fails, nuke 'em with sliders.
A very thoughtful post, thank you (no sarcasm).
Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

What was the "Robo QB" of NCAA 2011, what happened? I agree with all the replies in this post, passing isn't perfect. Quite a bit of interceptions, but slowing the game down helps (makes it too slow in my opinion), but adjusting the sliders on All American is necessary, as it is considerably harder than last yrs.

Practice, practice, practice... the linemen do appear to be psychic though, unlike CBs which is more realistic. The linemen don't swat down balls, but tend to intercept them more often than not.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #15
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNoles2009
What was the "Robo QB" of NCAA 2011, what happened? I agree with all the replies in this post, passing isn't perfect. Quite a bit of interceptions, but slowing the game down helps (makes it too slow in my opinion), but adjusting the sliders on All American is necessary, as it is considerably harder than last yrs.

Practice, practice, practice... the linemen do appear to be psychic though, unlike CBs which is more realistic. The linemen don't swat down balls, but tend to intercept them more often than not.
It was where a cpu QB would go crazy for stats like 32/33 on passing. Without sliders it was pretty unrealistic in my opinion. It was only somewhat alleviated once they fixed the sliders to function correctly but in all honesty it was always there to some degree I just learned to accept it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #16
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I suggest practicing first and then adjusting sliders. By your method the player is not getting better so much as it is lowering the ability of the AI.
Not true at all. You are simply slowing the game down and learning your reads that the time gives you. Sounds like what he simply needs is time playing the game. No different with veterans of the series, just look at the online dynasties on here: Year one - teams usually have 1 or 2 cpu losses, after that its back to beating the cpu with an occasional loss as users have adjusted to the nuances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »