Home

After watching real college football...

This is a discussion on After watching real college football... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #57
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: After watching real college football...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Not every time, but 100% more than it does in real life.
Maybe it's you doing something wrong?

Edit: In retrospect I think I am taking your hyperbole a little too serious!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #58
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Maybe it's you doing something wrong?

Edit: In retrospect I think I am taking your hyperbole a little too serious!
I know you don't know me, so it's pointless to argue something when lots of people have the same issue. And it's not me doing "something wrong." The problems are many... from horrible ball trajectory on passes to LB's that can leap into the air at unbelievable heights and... while moving one direction... say to his left, they can then jump up and to their right w/ no physical rationale.

If this is something you have never encountered, then consider yourself lucky. Because when it does happen... and you have a WR breaking on a Post route at 20 yards and the LB is standing 7-10 yards from the LOS, and you push Up on the Lead Passing Stick and apply medium pressure, this should be a perfect pass.

But then Superman... er, the LB will jump up and swat it down. Which is something that you never see happen in real life.

The ball trajectory in this game is screwed up beyond belief and go check out all the LB's on your roster... for all 120 teams... and see how many have high... super high... jumping abilities.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #59
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

I must be lucky then.

BTW, although I don't know you personally, I do know of you on these forums and your knowledge of the passing game, especially the run 'n shoot. Some of your posts have taught me alot when it comes to the passing game (I come from the old school of tough D and 3 yards and a cloud of dust).

I was just hinting that knowing concepts and executing them (from a developers standpoint OR a consumer standpoint, video game indsutry at least) are 2 different things.

Anyway, back on topic...After watching real college football...

The game (IRL) didn't freeze with under 2 minutes to play and I had to turn the TV off...
Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #60
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
I know this should be posted in the wishlist thread, but it would be amazing to have the start tracker that espn has been using in there college games on tv this yr. That addition alone would warrant a perfect score from me. Lol. Not really, but you get me...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #61
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I know you don't know me, so it's pointless to argue something when lots of people have the same issue. And it's not me doing "something wrong." The problems are many... from horrible ball trajectory on passes to LB's that can leap into the air at unbelievable heights and... while moving one direction... say to his left, they can then jump up and to their right w/ no physical rationale.

If this is something you have never encountered, then consider yourself lucky. Because when it does happen... and you have a WR breaking on a Post route at 20 yards and the LB is standing 7-10 yards from the LOS, and you push Up on the Lead Passing Stick and apply medium pressure, this should be a perfect pass.

But then Superman... er, the LB will jump up and swat it down. Which is something that you never see happen in real life.

The ball trajectory in this game is screwed up beyond belief and go check out all the LB's on your roster... for all 120 teams... and see how many have high... super high... jumping abilities.
Question for Mr RNS. Does the Switch concept work for u on anything but very fast speed?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #62
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Question for Mr RNS. Does the Switch concept work for u on anything but very fast speed?
Because EA didn't properly implement the R&S, I don't even use it. There's only a few... 3 or 4 if memory serves... plays in it anyway, and that isn't the R&S. I love how they also have WR's who do play on the teams that use the R&S... SMU and Hawaii... and they give their WR's low awareness despite the fact that their WR's practice in that offense every day.

I choose to Hot Route guys at the line... thus creating my own R&S. I also don't play on Very Fast, though I have read good things about that speed setting.

FWIW... I don't understand why they have different speed settings and Speed Threshold... why can't a guy w/ 96 speed always out-run a guy w/ 85 speed... you know... just like in real life?

Old 09-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #63
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Because EA didn't properly implement the R&S, I don't even use it. There's only a few... 3 or 4 if memory serves... plays in it anyway, and that isn't the R&S. I love how they also have WR's who do play on the teams that use the R&S... SMU and Hawaii... and they give their WR's low awareness despite the fact that their WR's practice in that offense every day.

I choose to Hot Route guys at the line... thus creating my own R&S. I also don't play on Very Fast, though I have read good things about that speed setting.

FWIW... I don't understand why they have different speed settings and Speed Threshold... why can't a guy w/ 96 speed always out-run a guy w/ 85 speed... you know... just like in real life?
Exactly, I HATE seeing my RB get chased down by much slower DL on an all out sprint. I just don't get it.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #64
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I saw defensive players reading keys, reacting, and executing with various degrees of success.

Not a bunch of robots reacting to the press of a button to execute a rediculous animation that is pre-programmed to reach said programmed result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »