Home

Do you play with your college?

This is a discussion on Do you play with your college? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do you play with your college?

I have a 4th year dynasty with MSU going (thank god they are good in the games now compare to few years ago)

but I just started a new one with FSU. its weird playing with a school that I didn't go to though... anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Do you play with your college?

Nah, I hardly ever play as VT. They are the only team I religiously watch for real CFB, but it always feels weird playing as them. I cant play as their rivals either, so I normally play as a team from the PAC12, BIG10/12 or Sunbelt so I have no interaction. Wouldnt want to be forced to beat them you know

I think my problem is I have too much of an attachment to how the VT players actually play and how the coaches actually call the game, so when I deviate from that it just doesnt feel right.

Last edited by aerovt; 09-06-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

I always start a dynasty with my Alma Mater Texas, back in the day it was really fun because they weren't a national power. even this year it was a different feel since they were coming off a 5-7 season.

although whenever I play online dynasties I usually try to pick a team outside of the Big12 so I can get some new flavor to the game. this year we had a 3* OD and I went with Pitt and the BigEast.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Since Howard is FCS i can't play with them unless i do a teambuilder dynasty, which i plan on doing after the patch drops and i update my old team from NCAA 10 i have sitting on TB.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

At some point I usually do. Either I start with them and then move on to other jobs or I go to them later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

Well, my school is KSU, but given we don't have a football program yet... I'm a Georgia fan, but don't play with them every year. It gets kinda repetitive doing it that way. I'll usually skip a couple years before I'll go back to Georgia. Last year, I had a four year Dynasty each with Georgia and Florida State, so I won't be using either in 12, and probably 13. I still haven't had time to settle into one particular Dynasty this year, but I'm kinda getting attached to the Kansas one I've got going currently.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Sometimes, but tbh it takes too long in online dynasty to build Colorado or Illinois into a power. Most ODs fold before I can get there. But I do pick them in Unranked mode.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

yeah, i'm not entirely sure i could stomach playing with another school.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »