Home

What are the negatives of starting an OD pre-patch?

This is a discussion on What are the negatives of starting an OD pre-patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
What are the negatives of starting an OD pre-patch?

Hi all,

I have been patiently waiting for this patch, but I just cant do it anymore. My friends and I partake in an annual six-team dynasty that usually goes around 8-12 seasons. We were scheduled to start on August 23rd, but I thought the patch was going to come out, so we waited. Well we are still waiting.

So my question is, what are the downsides of starting a dynasty right now? I know that the tendency bug is a slight problem, but I am sure we wont get to training results by the time the patch comes out.

Is there a way to avoid the transfer failed error? At the least, is there a way to see that your game was not uploaded properly, and that your results wont be uploaded when the week is advanced? This is the one I am most worried about.

I have read a lot about bugs during bowl season, but do these bugs apply to the whole season, or are they just occurring during the bowl games?

If you can answer these questions, and provide any more insight, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What are the negatives of starting an OD pre-patch?

We started one, and it broke before we could even get to the bowls. In Week 6 we got the infamous "Online Dynasty Unavailable, Transfer Failed" bug. So potential negatives? IT WILL BREAK.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

It will SIM your games, even after you've played them and won.

It's a POS, I would keep waiting.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Hi all,

I have been patiently waiting for this patch, but I just cant do it anymore. My friends and I partake in an annual six-team dynasty that usually goes around 8-12 seasons. We were scheduled to start on August 23rd, but I thought the patch was going to come out, so we waited. Well we are still waiting.

A. So my question is, what are the downsides of starting a dynasty right now? I know that the tendency bug is a slight problem, but I am sure we wont get to training results by the time the patch comes out.

B. Is there a way to avoid the transfer failed error? At the least, is there a way to see that your game was not uploaded properly, and that your results wont be uploaded when the week is advanced? This is the one I am most worried about.

C. I have read a lot about bugs during bowl season, but do these bugs apply to the whole season, or are they just occurring during the bowl games?

If you can answer these questions, and provide any more insight, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

A. the tendency bug is really the only thing that comes to mind, but then again, as you said, you'll be in the clear because unless you are a huge power player the patch will be out before you are past training.

B. my understanding is if you get the transfer error, if you just don't advance the week, and although there may be a score posted, you still get the green light and are able to replay or sim that particular game.

C. not sure on bugs. i know people are complaining about a lot of little things. things you probably wouldn't realize if you don't spend much/any time reading what the haters have to say here on the boards.

i've played almost 2 seasons of a single person OD, game froze twice since the drop date and have had 1 transfer failed.

recently started my OD over again, in anticipation for the patch, no problems.

also someone will gripe about CPB's not working, but mine works fine.

other than that game is a good. you have nothing to lose in starting up your dynasty.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 09-07-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
A. the tendency bug is really the only thing that comes to mind, but then again, as you said, you'll be in the clear because unless you are a huge power player the patch will be out before you are past training.

B. my understanding is if you get the transfer error, if you just don't advance the week, and although there may be a score posted, you still get the green light and are able to replay or sim that particular game.

C. not sure on bugs. i know people are complaining about a lot of little things. things you probably wouldn't realize if you don't spend much/any time reading what the haters have to say here on the boards.

i've played almost 2 seasons of a single person OD, game froze twice since the drop date and have had 1 transfer failed.

recently started my OD over again, in anticipation for the patch, no problems.

also someone will gripe about CPB's not working, but mine works fine.

other than that game is a good. you have nothing to lose in starting up your dynasty.
So the transfer failed error happens after someone plays, or when I try to advance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
So the transfer failed error happens after someone plays, or when I try to advance?
i think after you play your game it uploads the results to the ea server, at which time the error occurs if i'm remembering correctly.

like i said i've only seen it happen the one time.

at any rate, and i don't know first hand, but after the fail you will see you've lost the game, but still have the green light to play the game that week again, so all is not lost.

it fails but should be able to play it again, see what i'm saying?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here are my thoughts from my experiences:

A. Tendency bug won't be an issue if you don't go to offseason until after patch has dropped.

B. and C.: We had this happen to 4 user's in the bowl week only. It shows green light that you have played and a score. Yet if you go to scores/schedules under the ESPN tab it shows nothing. When advanced 4 of our 7 user games were simmed and actually caused all 3 that originally won to lose in the SIM. One user even noticed the error and tried replaying his game 3 times but couldn't get it to stick.

Another issue that becomes prevelant in future seasons is the coach prestige. About half of all coaches (coordinators included) are A+ prestige a few seasons in. Which makes it a crapshoot to getting new jobs.

So I would say you are ok to start dynasty as long as you don't play bowl games or advance past offseason.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i think after you play your game it uploads the results to the ea server, at which time the error occurs if i'm remembering correctly.

like i said i've only seen it happen the one time.

at any rate, and i don't know first hand, but after the fail you will see you've lost the game, but still have the green light to play the game that week again, so all is not lost.

it fails but should be able to play it again, see what i'm saying?
Yeah I understand, I just need to tell my league members what to look for after a game. What is this problem with custom playbooks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »