Home

The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #41
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I posted some findings in the pain patch thread but i'll copy/paste here as it'll get lost in that thread

I noticed besides them fubar and killing/deleting I-Form tight and Weak I Tight(what????) there's two new formations in shotgun. Trips Unbalanced with three plays in it and Wing Trips Wk(Weak) Pats with 6 passing plays in it. Also Maryland I only has 3 run plays now (huh?)

Also, 5WR HB formation has been renamed Empty Spread. Also two of the Split Shotgun formations have been renamed ASU Split and BYU Split.

The Wildcat and Wildcat Spread formations are gone, so whatever playbook you pick you get their wildcat it seems.
Just from memeory, there's at least 11 new formations to playbooks, and about 6 are in the shotgun, maybe 4 in Ace including the new normal HB offset, and MAYBE one in pistol. And the pistol also has a dublicate formation, same name number of plays listed twice.

And i still get a freeze when trying to use my spread playbook. cant use it at all. Freezes when trying to go into practice with it, and says you need to resave it when you try to play a game with it and prevents you from entering that game with the pb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 6

Here is another CPB glitch post-patch 2. In addition to the issues listed above, I cannot even use the CPBs I have created post-patch 2. The game keeps telling me I need to resave my CPB in Team Management before I can use it. I have created and saved CPBs repeatedly, but I still get the same message.

So, for me now, post-patch 2, CPBs are totally useless because the game will not let me use them.

How do I unload Patch 2? Must I start over completely now?

In the past, my posts about the game have been civil and have not bashed EA, but this time I am really pissed off.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #43
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

I think this is it....

These "missing" formations are shoved into EVERY playbook, hence not being allowed to select them in the custom section, just like you can't select goalline, special teams, etc.

I created my new PB and went into a game.

The playbook now breaks out special teams playbooks (punt block, punt return normal), inserts a Shotgun Wildcat and Shotgun Normal (4 Verts only), you now have two goalline formations, etc.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

The playbooks and playbook creation is just totally dicked up. My current playbook was toast thanks to the patch, so I was gonna create a new one. I assign all my audibles to the goalline formation (HB Dive) and proceeded to remove formations. Even with 300 plays, I couldn't remove certain formations. Whether it was a spread, Pistol, Pro, or Option, there are certain formations you can't remove. Even if it only has one play. Completely ********.

Also, there are new formations added, even though they are duplicates. For instance, the Pistol contained the Full House set. Now, there is the Pistol:Backs and Pistol: Cross, and they're identical. However, each formation lists 12 possible running plays, and 15 passing plays. But, when you go to edit the plays, each formation only lists the same 9 plays. Unbelievable.

TL;DR
Playbooks are broken, and 2 months after the game came out, and I was hoping to finally start my dynasty. However, it's so broken, I can't. GG EA. Good Freaking Job.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 2

I was holding off too, but I am just going to start using a base playbook and hopefully add my own sometime in the future. Hopefully they fix CPB and no-huddle faster than they've fixed everything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #46
Rookie

No Spread Wildcat anymore either.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #47
Rookie

It sounds like a lot of the formations messed with are the cheesier ones like wildcat or maryland power i. Coincidence?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hole
No Spread Wildcat anymore either.
Oregon has the Spread Wildcat, Auburn has the Spread Wildcat and two additional Wildcat formations, non of which can be removed. I'm actually using the Auburn Book to build my CPB and its almost exactly like my original CPB. I'd be more pissed about the CPB being jacked if formations or plays that I had used were now gone after the patch.

I just can't believe that EA thought this patch fixed CPB.......its almost comical actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »