Home

NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide'

This is a discussion on NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide' within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #41
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide'

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Sadly that's not an option, I roll almost exclusively with Houston. In the real world my Coogs run a hurry up, no huddle almost exclusively (last week vs UCLA, UH ran 71 plays in 25:59 of possession; avg time between snaps = 22 secs).

Yes, I know--we're cheesers.
Not a Houston Alum but I live in Houston and of course I pull for the Cougs. They looked great against UCLA.

Also guys what are your impressions on the psychic DB issue? It's pretty much non existent on Varsity now, but I see shades of it on AA. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Not a Houston Alum but I live in Houston and of course I pull for the Cougs. They looked great against UCLA.

Also guys what are your impressions on the psychic DB issue? It's pretty much non existent on Varsity now, but I see shades of it on AA. Thoughts?
Psychic DBs are just one of those things, really. It's eternally frustrating when it happens, but I've become mostly immune to it. It's something that's been in Madden and NCAA on All-pro/All-american or higher for YEARS. I find myself recognizing situations where psychic DBs will impact the play and throwing away from them. Four Verticals is a perfect example - if I call it and see a safety running deep in between a wideout on a go and a seam route, I automatically check down because I know that, even with his back turned, he can cover both routes by reacting to my button press. It's just another part of the game that I've subconsciously learned to work around.

The area where it impacts me the most is on curl routes. I used to love throwing them to the first down marker, but I've basically completely eliminated them from my progressions because they're near impossible to throw effectively against psychic DBs. I threw one just last night that was timed and thrown PERFECTLY and would have gotten to the WR almost the split second he turned around. I threw the ball just as the DB flipped his hips and should have had a first down and solid YAC. Of course, I was victimized by a psychic DB who turned his hip-flip into a 360 circle-skate entirely around my WR as he stopped to make the INT. He had his back to the WR and the QB and could not have possibly reacted in time in a realistic setting, he simply turned to run deep and reacted to my button press as he was turning. It looked like a figure skating move.

I just sighed in disappointment.

Last edited by somehetero; 09-09-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehetero
Psychic DBs are just one of those things, really. It's eternally frustrating when it happens, but I've become mostly immune to it. It's something that's been in Madden and NCAA on All-pro/All-american or higher for YEARS. I find myself recognizing situations where psychic DBs will impact the play and throwing away from them. Four Verticals is a perfect example - if I call it and see a safety running deep in between a wideout on a go and a seam route, I automatically check down because I know that, even with his back turned, he can cover both routes by reacting to my button press. It's just another part of the game that I've subconsciously learned to work around.

The area where it impacts me the most is on curl routes. I used to love throwing them to the first down marker, but I've basically completely eliminated them from my progressions because they're near impossible to throw effectively against psychic DBs. I threw one just last night that was timed and thrown PERFECTLY and would have gotten to the WR almost the split second he turned around. I threw the ball just as the DB flipped his hips and should have had a first down and solid YAC. Of course, I was victimized by a psychic DB who turned a complete 360 on a dime without seeing the WR stop, without being able to see the QB, and without losing speed. He basically ran (skated/slid) a circle around my WR as he broke off the route and got in front of him to make the interception.

Yeah but after this last patch Im really not seeing it (psychic DB's) much at all for the first time ever and I play on heisman.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Which roster set are you rolling with?
the ones in my locker... I also have a thread in the roster section under OS Legends Roster...
Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600

I have not seen it today at all... on AA with PCVG at 50 for HUM and CPU. I did test out 45 a bit and that seemed good as well. But 50 seems spot on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #46
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
the ones in my locker... I also have a thread in the roster section under OS Legends Roster...
I should I have looked over there first.

Thanks.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #47
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2

I just now realized on my offline dynasty going through the season stats for each team that my tendencies are still flipped after the patch. I started the dynasty after the i downloaded the patch so i'm not sure what happened. Do these players play to the tendency they are labeled, or is it just a label?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

Well my main issue was the freezing offline dynasty, has the patch addressed that? Anybody getting any freezing post patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »