Home

NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide'

This is a discussion on NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide' within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #57
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Other than the "hurry up" glitch I am very pleased with the patch.
"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Last edited by coogrfan; 09-10-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #58
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
As many of you know, I have been very outspoken the last few months with my feelings towards NCAA 12. Last night, I finally started my dynasty. My feelings towards this game have completely changed. This patch has made this game the best football game ever produced. The patch worked wonders for the overall game experience. Visuals, game play, AI, etc...

Thank you to the NCAA team for all of the hardwork. Amazing game!
I could not agree more. The game plays much better. It seems like I am even seeing new tackling animations. The coverage is much better. The read option seems to work better on both sides. The sound is also better.

If they can just fix this no huddle bug this will be the best NCAA game ever in my opinion.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #59
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
I could not agree more. The game plays much better. It seems like I am even seeing new tackling animations. The coverage is much better. The read option seems to work better on both sides. The sound is also better.

If they can just fix this no huddle bug this will be the best NCAA game ever in my opinion.
I'm glad I do not use the hurry up at all, Or use it as a play style but I do feel the game has improved I can finally try out dynasty with a glimmer of hope things will go well. Hopefully patch+tuner= satisfied customer.
YouTube: TBD
Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
As many of you know, I have been very outspoken the last few months with my feelings towards NCAA 12. Last night, I finally started my dynasty. My feelings towards this game have completely changed. This patch has made this game the best football game ever produced. The patch worked wonders for the overall game experience. Visuals, game play, AI, etc...

Since you finally started a dynasty, I guess you settled on a slider set. Which ones are you currently using?
Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy082
Since you finally started a dynasty, I guess you settled on a slider set. Which ones are you currently using?
All-American... FG kick logic on Heisman, turned me off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:

Totally agree Sec
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner

Haven't seen any 'improvement' in the HB screens. OL still let the D through without any chip and the DT destroyed my QB b/c of the slow rollback, or I'd run backwards to get the pass off and hit my HB in the face with the pass. So that seems exactly the same as before.

Loving the open editing from the patch.
DT's Acceleration must be lowered (55 or lower) because of the slow QB rollback which doesn't give the play time to develope.

Also lowering their Agility (50 or lower) so that they don't turn a dime and catch the RB after he catches the ball.

Lastly, Play Awareness, (40-70) it's way too high for the college game.
This isn't the Pro's, that's why screens work so well in college because 98% DL seldom pick up on screens so fast.

Screens have improved Post-Patch drastically.
There's just some little (time consuming) tweaks that need to be done to really bring the game out even more.

I'm doing this across the board for all positions and the game is totally different because it allows plays/player's to react proportionate to the field (too small) EA uses.

It actually gives you space on the field to do some things if you have an Explosive player (96% players on my roster have ACC below 80)

The Power schools gulp up the speedy/explosive guys, so trying to get such a player as a Mid-Major adds another wrinkle of excitement in the recruiting process because most of my Mid's do not have such player's on their roster.

Almost had a 5'10" 4.30 3 Star WR speedster for my Fresno State Bulldogs, but stupid USC jacked him at the last minute.

Having fun though!!!

Last edited by khaliib; 09-10-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #64
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Other than the "hurry up" glitch I am very pleased with the patch.

The game looks much more vibrant, and pays much smoother.

Safety play has been improved no doubt.

Option offense is much improved for the CPU and User.

Once the "hurry up" glitch is addressed. The patch just made a great game the best ever in this series history.
Agreed. I feel for the guys that run a no-huddle attack; you're screwed right now but hopefully we get a tuner that ONLY addresses that issue.

Honestly, outside of that, I'm VERY happy with the patch and feel the gameplay is the best it's been.

The graphics on the PS3 are much better after the patch, and the crowd noise has also been tuned.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »