Home

is there a work around for the RBs in regards to them looking so puny?

This is a discussion on is there a work around for the RBs in regards to them looking so puny? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
is there a work around for the RBs in regards to them looking so puny?

i've tried everything to get the running backs to look how they do inn the edit screen. No matter what you do, they always come oout looking like toothpicks..I moved them to different positions and then moved them back to Running back..i've increased their weight....i've maxed their appearance attributes, yet they always look skinnny....has anybody else experienced this problem as well? P.S. this problem existed before the patch#2 and tuner came out, and it still exists...Let me know if there is a work around for this problem..thanks

Also, DE's no matter what, do not use their finess moves...i have tinkered with ratings, maxing them out to be amazing pass rushers, yet they just don't execute them..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: is there a work around for the RBs in regards to them looking so puny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
i've tried everything to get the running backs to look how they do inn the edit screen. No matter what you do, they always come oout looking like toothpicks..I moved them to different positions and then moved them back to Running back..i've increased their weight....i've maxed their appearance attributes, yet they always look skinnny....has anybody else experienced this problem as well? P.S. this problem existed before the patch#2 and tuner came out, and it still exists...Let me know if there is a work around for this problem..thanks

Also, DE's no matter what, do not use their finess moves...i have tinkered with ratings, maxing them out to be amazing pass rushers, yet they just don't execute them..
LOL..you are right and I think what you are referring too is the skinny arm glitch wich affects rbs and wr arm sizes whenu edit..This glitch has been in the game for 3 years now despite the fact that it has been reported at nauseaum to EA..
Old 09-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Rookie

WR don't seem to have this problem...but no matter what you do, RBs look like 150 pound high school players...I did not know that it has been a problem for the last 3 years...this is the first time i bought the game since...i think 2007...i stuck to the ps2 version forever..
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

one thing i noticed was that the cpu teams running backs didnt have that problem...it seems hit and miss..I did a Mich vs OSU (CPU) and their HB were properly proportional..I did a Miami vs Minn (CPU) same thing...but then i was ND vs Mich (CPU) and the mich HBS were thin as a rail....???

p.s. this is not a game killer...just seeing if there is a workaround that somebody has figured out
Old 09-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
Rookie

as i was tryin to find a workaround for the toothpicked armed runningbacks, i started playing around with other players changing them to rbs to see if the glitch still happened..for some it did and for some it didn't...

But then i was looking at the DBs and they all have the same skinny arms as well....so i maxed out the arm size to be as big as possible and to my surpise it shows up on the edit screen but it does nothing in actual game play

So, it had me lookin into it even more, and i noticed that some players actually follow the scale you adjust, while some don't at all...its 50 / 50..

for example..OL almost all of them, no matter what you do, will always have those big bloated arms...

Like i said, this is not a game killer by any means...its just something that had caught my attention and i know there are some guys on the board that do rosters and are very detailed on how players look on the field, and i guess i was just wondering if anyone else noticed that it was not just a RB problem....but about 2 / 3 the roster either has skinny arms no matter what, or they have big bloated arms no matter what, and only about 1 / 3 of the roster for each team responds properly to the arm appearance scale.

wonder why its like that??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
as i was tryin to find a workaround for the toothpicked armed runningbacks, i started playing around with other players changing them to rbs to see if the glitch still happened..for some it did and for some it didn't...

But then i was looking at the DBs and they all have the same skinny arms as well....so i maxed out the arm size to be as big as possible and to my surpise it shows up on the edit screen but it does nothing in actual game play

So, it had me lookin into it even more, and i noticed that some players actually follow the scale you adjust, while some don't at all...its 50 / 50..

for example..OL almost all of them, no matter what you do, will always have those big bloated arms...

Like i said, this is not a game killer by any means...its just something that had caught my attention and i know there are some guys on the board that do rosters and are very detailed on how players look on the field, and i guess i was just wondering if anyone else noticed that it was not just a RB problem....but about 2 / 3 the roster either has skinny arms no matter what, or they have big bloated arms no matter what, and only about 1 / 3 of the roster for each team responds properly to the arm appearance scale.

wonder why its like that??
Yea as I stated in my previous post it has become more than a rb editing glitch now..In the past it was just rb's from my experience..But now it appears to effect rb's wr's,and db's..has been going on for awhile now..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

change their face, exit out go back in and they will have the body type that matches that face. been that way for years.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
change their face, exit out go back in and they will have the body type that matches that face. been that way for years.
HUH? change there face?..really I need to try that man.thnx

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »