Home

Why can't I do HB screens?

This is a discussion on Why can't I do HB screens? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8
Why can't I do HB screens?

For some reason, and I'm thinking it is about 40% bad timing to be honest, my HB screens never work in this game if I throw it to the HB.
I have only beeen able to try this with Stanford as all I have been playing is Dynasty and I'm wondering if this has something to do with the HB having bad Route Running and catching stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why can't I do HB screens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_maz_ing
For some reason, and I'm thinking it is about 40% bad timing to be honest, my HB screens never work in this game if I throw it to the HB.
I have only beeen able to try this with Stanford as all I have been playing is Dynasty and I'm wondering if this has something to do with the HB having bad Route Running and catching stats?
Yeah, they messed it up this year. Who knows why they even touched it. This year the HB does a little hitch behind the DE. I suppose it's supposed to simulate a faked block, but it winds up just throwing the timing off. You're also better off running it out of shotgun because the D-line penetrates too fast otherwise.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 09-12-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

Yea I found out the hard way not do them under center...it is almost certain to blow up in your face.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Screens work. Especially post patch (one of the things that do work now). The problem is not with the play itself, but with the CPU Defense knowing what play you picked and automatically picking a play to counter your selection. This factor has been talked about alot on this site. Screens are called to counter aggressive & blitzing defenses. When you catch the CPU in one they work great. Watch, set a screen as an audible. Pick a play from that formation and when you see the defense in blitz posture, audible to your screen play... Also, for more success, hot route your eligible receivers in the direction of your screen. If your throwing the screen to the TE side, hot route the TE out. HR the outside WR to the screen side on a hitch. If you have a slot wr away from the screen HR him on a drag. This will give you more blockers over there for the screen.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32
Screens are effective and work perfectly if setup and executed properly.

The key to a successful screen is letting the play develop. Try dropping back a little farther in the pocket to give your linemen time to get in front of your running back.

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-12-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
The key to a successful screen is letting the play develop. Try dropping back a little farther in the pocket to give your linemen time to get in front of your running back.
This, this so much. Just standing in the pocket and waiting for the screen to develop is a recipe for disaster.

But actually, in my experience, screens work a lot worse from the shotgun, because I can't immediately after the snap move my QB when in the shotgun. On a screen, I want my QB to backpedal immediately after the snap, drawing the pass rush back and away from the LoS, waiting for my back to get out in the open. You hardly ever can get enough time by just standing there and waiting for it, you have to move back.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Screens are effective and work perfectly if setup and executed properly.

A) I haven't been able to connect my game to Xbox live since Auguest 18th.
B) Ik how to set up screens, my problem is that the RB usually doesn't catch the ball.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

They work perfectly....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »