Home

Solid Playing Time Promise to Kicker

This is a discussion on Solid Playing Time Promise to Kicker within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
Solid Playing Time Promise to Kicker

Just wanted to throw this out there to see if I'm crazy.

I realize now that the "Solid PT" promise really means first on the depth chart (would love to see the language changed or the functionality changed, but still). However, I made the promise to a kicker I recruited, and he kicked for me the entire season.

End of season? "Promise broken."

He did all of my kickoffs. he kicked all of my field goals. Was it because he was rated higher as a punter than the punter I had on my roster -- but I went with the incumbent punter anyway?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Solid Playing Time Promise to Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Just wanted to throw this out there to see if I'm crazy.

I realize now that the "Solid PT" promise really means first on the depth chart (would love to see the language changed or the functionality changed, but still). However, I made the promise to a kicker I recruited, and he kicked for me the entire season.

End of season? "Promise broken."

He did all of my kickoffs. he kicked all of my field goals. Was it because he was rated higher as a punter than the punter I had on my roster -- but I went with the incumbent punter anyway?
That's pretty weird. I've always had success with that as long as a guy has been 1 or 2 on the depth chart
Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Same thing happened to me with a kicker last year. I try to avoid that promise.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

I haven't really had that problem I landed a 4* WR with a promise of FR AA team, no RS and solid PT but he came in at 76 OVR and I had 6 JR or SR WR some that I was expecting to leave at the end of last season that were 84+ see he wasn't going to see much time in the passing game so I stuck him at KR and PR since he was pretty fast he returned 30 KOs for 783 yards and 2 TDs and 59 punts for 973 yards and 1 TD he ended up making being a conference AA, NCAA AA and FR AA as well as winning the returner of the year award and I didn't break any of the promises. I think they might have to see a certain number of snaps even though there's no way to tell.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

So it's not just me then. I guess I'll be avoiding that promise in the future. Maybe it is a kicker/punter specific problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1

it's really a shame there's no guide to some of the more ambiguous parts of the game. promises, good national exposure? solid playing time? how about breaking down how ratings interact to help better recruit for your game plan?

my two cents
Old 09-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had the same problem with a punter I recruited. It was the first year of a dynasty and I had a senior punter and a crappy kicker. I recruited a top 3 punter, but there were no kickers interested in me. I had to promise the punter the moon to get him, and I promised him solid playing time as a part of it.

Season rolls around, and since my kicker was garbage, I played the punter three ways. He kicked FGs and extra points, punted, and kicked off.

Promise was still broken at the end of the year.

It's bugged for special teamers, apparently.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

so now i'm wondering, if i recruit a HB, promise him solid playing time, but put him back as my punt returner and kick returner, but have him 4th on the depth chart at the HB position, am i breaking promises?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »