Home

What to do with Clarett?!

This is a discussion on What to do with Clarett?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 08:28 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 19
Re: What to do with Clarett?!

I don't want it to come down to him coming off the bench to beat me if I meet them in my Dynasty. So I took his ratings all the way down, so he probably wont get any playing time and should get cut after this year....if I want him in the NFL it'll be as a created free agent.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:44 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Clarett is only suspended for the season, so it doen't make any since to significantly alter his scores. If he chooses to stay at tOSU and serve out his suspension then he will be able to play for Ohio State next year. I would switch him with Maurice Hall on the depth chart and then replace him on the depth chart with a created RB, Roshawn Parker Roshawn Parker looks similar to Lydell Ross for appearance and is 5'11" and 219 lbs. He is #20, and is a Redshirt JR. He has decent blocking skills (45+, almost switched him to FB but he had to good of a Spring at RB). I would give him SPD ratings in the low 80's and about a 60-65 AWR rating.

The only problem is that I don't think that he is allowed to redshirt during his suspension. So, to have him play some during the first seaon, you may want to make him the # 3 KR since returners are often injured for part of the season. This should get him some returns and have him be a JR after the first season.

I play as tOSU, so I will probably have him run for a single play and then bench him.

On a side note, for anyone that is interested in updating Lydell Ross, he is now 228 lbs (up from 210) and is the strongest RB on the team (you may want to bump up his strength some.) He is also faster than an 86 rating, and I think that an 88 or 89 rating is more realistic. He doesn't attack the hole very aggressively, so I would set his AWR to around 60. He has also been plagued by little injuries since last year so you may want to lower his INJ rating to somewhere between 63-70.

Also, Maurice Hall is up to 205 lbs and should have a SPD rating of 91 or 92 and an AWR of around 62-65.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah but Ross is injured ALL the time, so his injury rating should be about 5

Also, if you think Mo C is coming back next year, you are nuts. No way is he gonna stay there, go to class(something he had trouble with anyways) and wait to play next year. He can't stay out of the spotlight for that long. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2003, 03:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

NCoffey said:
Another thing i forgot about. What if I want Clarett to upload to Madden, but don't want him to play in NCAA.

having an insomnia session tonight. i loaded clarett's draft class to madden and saw something strange. the rookie scouting notes on him read as follows:hasn't shown a penchance for putting the ball on the ground. HE TWICE EARNED ACADEMIC ALL-CONFERENCE HONORS. he has blazing speed, something NFL teams covet at the hb position.

i think its time to lay down now.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:53 AM   #13
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

worked out good for me. In my second season, Clarett was hurt in the first game and out for the season. EA must love the little bastard though. After the 3rd game, they still have him listed as a Hesiman contender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »