Home

Cheese or No Cheese?

This is a discussion on Cheese or No Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Cheese?
Cheese 56 44.09%
No Cheese 71 55.91%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Cheese or No Cheese?

Swingin for the fences! Guy went for it and since his opponent had set strip ball to aggressive, he got the first down. To me, that's not cheese.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool16
what is wrong with most of you folks?

how in the world can anyone on here claim this is 100 percent unrealistic and would never happen in real life?

are any of you coaches or will ever be coaches? no. none of you have a clue.

i have watched teams over the last 10 years get more and more aggressive with calls. especially 4th down calls in game ending situations. why punt? when you could just end the game with 1 yard?

lets play a game....im going to name you a group of coaches who i have watched live and in person go for numerous stupid 4th down calls....then you tell me what they all have in common...

les miles
chip kelly
urban meyer
steve spurrier
bill belichek

now any of you ranting and raving about what a terrible and stupid decision it was to go for it that situation...think about the names above and tell me if you honestly think at least 3 of them wouldn't go for it in that situation if a title was on the line. and what do they have in common? all are pretty damn good coaches if you ask anyone with a brain.

so many of you are so jaded by the real cheese experienced online that you cry cheese and rip players who in reality just make better decisions then you do. the nebraska fan that keeps ripping people in this thread obviously has no clue what a real risk/reward coaching decision is.

and why are none of you cheese labelers sticking up for the true cheese of this game....STRIP BALL AGRESSIVE!!!!!!!

people that turn this on are trying to cheese the system a lot more than a fake punt does.
+1000, exactly right..
Old 09-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #59
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

The issue to me, like others on here, is the play used. The fake punt run is almost guaranteed 5 yards against the punt return defenses in the game. It's not the "element of surprise" it's that the play is too easy to pick up yardage with in the first place, no matter what punt return play you run.

And for those who say "but he got hit short!" and think that somehow means it's not a cheap play to run. So what? If you run that play, 9 times out of 10 you pick up at least a yard. Pretty good odds when you only need one yard. It's too easy, which is why I feel just running for it in a normal formation would have been better.

I'm not bashing him, I'm just not impressed with it.

Good job on the win, though.

Retired U.S.A.F.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #60
Rookie

KrisDeeze's Arena

OVR: 0

Its CHEESE E CHEESE. And the game is lame because everyone in here is so certain he would have given up a field goal if he punted. Well if USER pass block and Pass accuraccy was not soooo broken in user games he would not have all day to throw a precision pass. Not to mention the fact that field goal kicking on 50 s is also WAY WAY to easy.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #61
Rookie

NothingTrivial's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool16
what is wrong with most of you folks?

how in the world can anyone on here claim this is 100 percent unrealistic and would never happen in real life?

are any of you coaches or will ever be coaches? no. none of you have a clue.

i have watched teams over the last 10 years get more and more aggressive with calls. especially 4th down calls in game ending situations. why punt? when you could just end the game with 1 yard?

lets play a game....im going to name you a group of coaches who i have watched live and in person go for numerous stupid 4th down calls....then you tell me what they all have in common...

les miles
chip kelly
urban meyer
steve spurrier
bill belichek

now any of you ranting and raving about what a terrible and stupid decision it was to go for it that situation...think about the names above and tell me if you honestly think at least 3 of them wouldn't go for it in that situation if a title was on the line. and what do they have in common? all are pretty damn good coaches if you ask anyone with a brain.

so many of you are so jaded by the real cheese experienced online that you cry cheese and rip players who in reality just make better decisions then you do. the nebraska fan that keeps ripping people in this thread obviously has no clue what a real risk/reward coaching decision is.

and why are none of you cheese labelers sticking up for the true cheese of this game....STRIP BALL AGRESSIVE!!!!!!!

people that turn this on are trying to cheese the system a lot more than a fake punt does.
I am a coach....and I agree 100 with you. People fail to realize that he also was pulling an extra guy off the line to block for the returner, on top of the strip ball. He was taking what the guy was giving him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

I still say it lightweight cheese not major though but just from past experiences in this game whenever I play against someone I personally stack up the line at where the upback lined up at because that play is good for nice chunks of yards like 9 out of 10 times. But also that moving a guy back is dumb and fake and sets up for something like this to happen, so if the guy has always been moving a guy back I can see this call being made at the right moment which was when the game was on the line.

Now in real life football with the championship on the line you punt it in that situation 100 out of 100 times. you are on your own 24 yard line, you go for it and don't get it you looking at a 41 yard kick which is very make able kick if they don't get one yard. What you do there is punt that ball away, also the defense will not bring a heavy rush on the punt because a running into the kicker penalty would end the game also so your punter has a chance for a big kick and let your defense play and make them have to get about 65-70 yards back to FG range.

And that list of coaches all make big time gutsy calls but NONE OF THEM would call a fake punt at their own 24 yard line with the championship on the line and a 1 point lead. The stakes are just too high. Sean Payton might though lol
Old 09-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sorry, Fake punt run is not a 5 yard gimme even against a normal punt return.

With the thinking if some of you on here, If suspect my opponent is gonna come out in punt block, and I call a fake punt pass, than that would be cheese to because it will work 90% of the time in that situation. But in reality I'm just thinking a step ahead of my opponent.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #64
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
Sorry, Fake punt run is not a 5 yard gimme even against a normal punt return.

With the thinking if some of you on here, If suspect my opponent is gonna come out in punt block, and I call a fake punt pass, than that would be cheese to because it will work 90% of the time in that situation. But in reality I'm just thinking a step ahead of my opponent.
It really is though, if you can't get 5 yards easily against a normal punt return defense you must have a heck of a time trying to run in this game.

Retired U.S.A.F.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »