Home

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 Sent to Microsoft and Sony

I still enjoy it but want my playbook fixed and rid of all these 1 play formations I didn't put in there.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

This better fix the tendency glitch. If not, looks like I'll be trading it in. I'm sure they're not going to release a fourth patch, so I hope they didn't rush this too much.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #35
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i used to think of a "patch" as a backup plan for the bugs and glitches that might have slipped through the cracks. I saw it as a way for games to be updated. But now its more like the game that is released on release day is the BETA version and it's not until 3+ months later when you get patch #3 that you get the actual game you expected to get when you orginally bought it. And all i mean by that is a game without major bugs/glitches that ruin the game.

On top of that it doesn't look good when you put out a patch and the result of that patch is that it screws up more things.

I pray that when the exclusive deals are done with the NCAA & NFL that those companies don't renew those deals and instead allow other companies to create games with those trademarks because at this point EA has fallen to the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality games. And i used to be a huge EA fan. But their football franchises have become an absolute joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 AM   #36
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

What really ticks me off every year some dude from the community that played the early bulid, over hype the game on the radio talking about no more psychic DB's this year you wont be let down again its way better then last year blah blah blah but yet they never mention the super LB's ect...
Old 09-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #37
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Anyone know if they started work on the 4th patch yet? Any estimate on when we can expect patches No. 5 and 6?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 09-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #38
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Patch 3 is only No Huddles. It won't fix tendancies. Dewiel already said on here the patch is only no huddles. Until EA says in a blog that it fixes anything else, don't get excited.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #39
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I dont understand the fascination with this game.

There wont be any rookies in the game, and there might not be a season.
I'm enjoying NCAA, but really, you don't see the fascination with NBA 2K12? If you hate NBA basketball, or are obsessed with accurate rosters, then I guess I get it. Otherwise, no rookies are irrelevant, the potential for no season is irrelevant too. The superior gameplay and a.i. say hello and should explain the draw of the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Sadly, your quite wrong about 2k11's patches. Tons of people had the My Player gamebreaking issue where, after a point around game 14-20 of your rookie year, the game would just freeze every single time and you couldn't progress. 2k released a patch for this 2-3 weeks after launch, which was great...but the entire My Player mode was virtually unplayable for a multitude of reasons, and essentially a total disaster as a standalone mode, thanks to a clear lack of effort/testing on 2k's part. They then proceeded to wait until the final week of December to release their final patch for the game...and that patch addressed nearly none of the issues brought up by fans, choosing to implement what 2k thought would be cool instead.

So while I totally agree that NCAA and Madden are simply half-assed attempts to improve last year's games, and full of the same issues they have refused to fix in any way for years (which shows that EA is the definition of lazy/entirely in it for the money)....Please don't act like 2k is any better at all in the patch/testing department....because they aren't at all.
Actually, I recall that freezing issue, and can say that NCAA 12 is virtually uplayable for me. In most cases the game always freezes at some point in the 3rd quarter, and thats if I'm lucky. Most times I have to grind it out til the late 4th, with the finish oh so close, then freeze. Finally, I just learned to super sim once or if I have a lead in hopes of advancing the week. I'm playing BYU for the 3rd straight night, hoping to get 4 quarters in. Unplayable, and broken in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »