Home

The best video of NCAA 12

This is a discussion on The best video of NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The best video of NCAA 12

Try downloading the patch. Other than the Ghost Players and Drops, I call these non-issues. The OOB thing would be hard to call either way (Read: Ruling on the field would stand), the pass thing is a crap rule IRL and is hard to call in game, and the tip pick I don't get the big deal.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

Good vid that shows a lot of the major gameplay problems. The lead blocking especially pisses me off. You should have shown how player tendencies switch from offseason to preseason also; as i think that is the biggest reason why NCAA 12 sucks right now.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #19
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I disagree. It's not whining. It's a major malfunction that's been in the game for years. Ghost DB's that warp through your WR's, DB's w/ skates on that slide through and in front of your WR's, not to mention the infamous Psychic DB's, FB's that warp sideways and backwards instead of continuing through the hole and blocking the guy in the way... you know... typical Fullback stuff...

The plays where a guy is out of bounds and it counts as a catch I could live w/ because that happens in real life. But in this game it seems to happen at that one moment that will hurt your team the most, and it happens way too often.

And we all know that they won't fix any of this in next years game because they apparently don't have the technology or the desire to fix it. And like many others... I am done w/ this game and done w/ EA.

Nearing 3 months since release, two patches and many of the new features are still broken and the game is just unplayable. Hasn't been in my console in quite some time and won't ever be again. Just wish we had another company making the game because it would be nice to have a CHOICE when buying a college football game.
I think this post just about said it all. I love this post because it's about gameplay. I play this game constantly and at times I find myself continuing to tweak it to get it to try and play better. I shouldn't have to do that. At least not as much as I have to.

The game in my opinion has poorly implemented player ratings and slider settings. Because of this they have to even the playing field against the AI by adding DB's who run the recievers route, warping players, and defenses that somehow know you're play the minute you choose it. Doesn't matter how many times you audible. A key to a great offense, especially a run offense is great blocking. The blocking codes in the game are a far cry from being competent.

I wish they would make ratings mean something in this game and then you could do away with the little AI advantages that are the backbone to keeping them in a game.

Now, having said that I have no idea how to program anything, let alone a sports game but "They do". Fix it.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #20
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
Love the whining about the forward pass/not forward pass... Especially when both are ruled correctly. The rule deals with the arm movement, not necessarily where the ball goes or how it travels. In the BYU clip, the arm goes forward; in the other clip, the ball isn't controlled from the moment the hit occurs, and the arm is still going back at that point.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

The glitches that kill me in the game are not being allowed to make your DBs jump about 40% of the time on deep ball throws, not being able to block punts (I have a bunch of pictures of the ball going through my chest, head, and hands with no change of direction), the stupid blockers, super linebackers, and the defense still not reacting to scrambling QBs.

Can't wait till they fix some of it next year and call it a "feature."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #22
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Yup, dropping open passes never happens. Don't tell that to Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech who was all alone and dropped an easy streak and pretended to hurt his leg.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm fine with drops, but I'm not fine with curl routes being broken. Over 70% of the time I throw to my receiver who is doing a curl they drop it. That's not just a drop here and there that's just broken. It's not even worth attempting to pass to those receivers anymore. Most of the time I just hot those guys out.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #24
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
90% of this video is nothing more than whining. Most of those problems are minor.
I could not disagree more. These are major problems. This is the only industry I know of where problems like these can exist in multiple generations of a product and heads don't roll in the company. This is not some boot-leg of a beta version, this is the finished copy, and these problems are not new. I am pretty new to the game, I bought 10, was given 11, and bought 12, and I can honestly say it ends with 12. I will not give my hard earned money to EA for another unprofessional, amateur-hour product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »