Home

The best video of NCAA 12

This is a discussion on The best video of NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The best video of NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
It has to do with the animations not able to catch up with the play on the field. The data recognizes the player SHOULD be in position but the animations lag behind and that's what causes the warping. It fires the correct animation and the 'teleporting' is the games way of fixing the positioning.

The game needs a new engine, it can't keep up with the things it's trying to do.
This is at least understandable, but even if the receiver is technically covered the whole time, you have no idea until you pass the ball. They might as well make the DBs invisible until you press the pass button it would be basically the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #26
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner31
Hahaha that's pretty hilarious. Good stuff! Glad I don't play anymore and only makes me so much more excited for NCAA 2013...
Not sure if serious...
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Yup, dropping open passes never happens. Don't tell that to Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech who was all alone and dropped an easy streak and pretended to hurt his leg.
He actually did hurt his leg, which is why the trainers were treating him on the sideline for just about the rest of the game, and why he never went back in.

I do agree with the rest of your point though, stuff happens sometimes, everyone hates it when these random things happen, but they do and you have to deal with it.

The two issues that are the biggest deals honestly are the crappy lead blockers, and the sliding DBs. Power run games are just not as effective when your lead blockers can't block effectively. When you can run more effectively out of singleback formations than with a fullback or a pulling guard, something fundamental is wrong.

Sliding DBs literally can cover a WR without covering a WR. The example in the video is a perfect example. When a big WR has inside position on a smaller CB, the CB is not going to get that pick unless there is a fluke tip or something. I actually like throwing more against zone than man. I'd rather have a psychic safety react immediately to the seam route I just threw against cover-2 and prevent a TD, than have a CB pick a ball off that was thrown to a big, open WR.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #28
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Yup, dropping open passes never happens. Don't tell that to Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech who was all alone and dropped an easy streak and pretended to hurt his leg.
Except every other Bubble screen is dropped in this game...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

As the maker of the youtube video, let me first say its cool that ppl are responding either way.

I feel that the game was WAY glitchier than last year's and I will only buy 13 if I play it first and notice some major differences.

About the drop pass by the PITT receiver in the video.... that's in there for comic effect. But, I do agree with the previous poster that unless you are using a top 25 team screen passes and curls are frequently dropped.

Thanks for posting the video and continue to enjoy it. If you don't like it, well screw you
Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #30
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Don't listen to these sunshine pumpers. Great video and I totally agree.

Last edited by psychicDB; 11-01-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #31
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Videos like this make absolutely no sense to make.

It just shows zero knowledge of understanding what it takes to make a video game.

This is beyond played out already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #32
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Videos like this make absolutely no sense to make.

It just shows zero knowledge of understanding what it takes to make a video game.

This is beyond played out already.
These sunshine pumpers crack me up. Y'all have no standards. See, when I pop in a game, I expect it to work smoothly and cleanly without glaring, obvious bugs or horrible ai several times a minute. I don't care about "what it takes to make a video game" or "the limitations of the engine" or "every game has glitches and this game is no different" or whatever other excuses the sunshine contingent of this forum makes on behalf of the programmers, the quality of this game is simply unacceptable most of the time. When I throw the ball to an open receiver, a DB should not magically slide in front of him and pick it off. EVER. No excuses.

And furthermore who cares if it is "beyond played out" as you say. You sunshine pumpers love to tell people to stop whining. Hey, guess what I spent $60 on this game and I want my damn money's worth. The squeaky wheel gets the grease buddy. I'm sure people told the abolitionists and civil rights movement leaders to stop whining, too.

I love how the guy above wrote that 90% of these are minor LMAO minor my *** the db play in this game is often the difference between a huge gain and an interception! but okay let's just put on a happy face, everything's a-ok

Last edited by psychicDB; 11-01-2011 at 10:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »