Home

Exactly how the hell do I turn a 1* school into a powerhouse?

This is a discussion on Exactly how the hell do I turn a 1* school into a powerhouse? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Exactly how the hell do I turn a 1* school into a powerhouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
Exactly how many times in real life has 1* turned into a powerhouse over night? It's extremely rare and very difficult. You can do it in the game, but it will take more than 2-3 seasons to achieve ... and it should.
EA/Tiburon finally learned. This thread is an achievement, not a problem. If you want to use a cupcake school, then expect to earn your way to the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
EA/Tiburon finally learned. This thread is an achievement, not a problem. If you want to use a cupcake school, then expect to earn your way to the top.
Honestly, it's still almost too easy in my opinion. By playing crappy opposition, you can get ridiculously inflated scores with an absolutely crappy team because even on the toughest Heisman sliders, a crap CPU D won't stop a crap USER O, all I need are two guys with some speed at HB and WR1 and I can rip apart all those MAC teams even with an oline that blocks just about as well as five piles of bricks and a D that couldn't stop a nosebleed simply because I can easily score 40+ points per game.

And by having such awesome scores, I can make sure I go to a bowl game every season, sometimes even get ranked at the end of the year so I win a star just about every season, so 4-5 seasons in I can easily be a powerhouse program.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #27
Rookie

PapiSuave's Arena

OVR: 1

I turned IU into a national powerhouse and champ contender by scheduling non-conference cupcakes and one powerhouse like Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. Play all the big games (for me, OU, Ohio St, Penn St, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin) and sim against the poor teams like FCS schools. Go undefeated or lose a game or two and you'll see your rank go up. Play in a major bowl game, win your conference and recruit big from your region. The more years you do this, you'll see your recruits go from 2 star to 3 to 4. Recruit and develop your players by playing your younger players and within 3-5 years, you'll be a major school who will be on the verge of being the next powerhouse.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I am currently the head coach of Ball State. Went to the NC last season (lost to my friend in that game). It was year 3 for me. Year 1, as a 1*, I upset #1 Oregon in Oregon, and played new #1 Notre Dame the next week tough.

Someone said to not redshirt players. BAD IDEA. Redshirt everyone along the way that is young. My first season I redshirted at least 7 starters. Then when my recruiting class came along after them, they all matured at the same time (after my NC run, I lost 15 starters, but it was worth it).

Also, recruiting over your head isn't impossible. My first year, coming off a 2-10 season from the computer, and in the midst of a 4-8 season, I landed a 4* HB. He wasn't interested in me at all, and I didn't even start recruiting him until a few weeks into the season.

But like people said, it just takes time and patience. Year 1 your goal should be to improve your record. Year 2 your goal should be a 500 record (and a bowl with it). Year 3 a winning record. Then if you haven't yet, after that start focusing on your conference championships. All this will build your prestige, which will help you recruit.

Every three to four years I redshirt almost an entire class, then don't redshirt anyone from the next season. This doubles the potency of the recruiting class. Right now on my team I have 7 seniors and 29 freshmen. When they all turn seniors, I'll be formidable again.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 13

Or be like San Jose State :
5th year from 1*-5*
2 national championships
recruited top 5 star runningback 4th year and 5th year currently already have top 5* runningback again
first few years recruited a bunch of 3 star players and after 3 or 4 years lots of talent. Later 4 stars just came in ready.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
I am currently the head coach of Ball State. Went to the NC last season (lost to my friend in that game). It was year 3 for me. Year 1, as a 1*, I upset #1 Oregon in Oregon, and played new #1 Notre Dame the next week tough.

Someone said to not redshirt players. BAD IDEA. Redshirt everyone along the way that is young. My first season I redshirted at least 7 starters. Then when my recruiting class came along after them, they all matured at the same time (after my NC run, I lost 15 starters, but it was worth it).

Also, recruiting over your head isn't impossible. My first year, coming off a 2-10 season from the computer, and in the midst of a 4-8 season, I landed a 4* HB. He wasn't interested in me at all, and I didn't even start recruiting him until a few weeks into the season.

But like people said, it just takes time and patience. Year 1 your goal should be to improve your record. Year 2 your goal should be a 500 record (and a bowl with it). Year 3 a winning record. Then if you haven't yet, after that start focusing on your conference championships. All this will build your prestige, which will help you recruit.

Every three to four years I redshirt almost an entire class, then don't redshirt anyone from the next season. This doubles the potency of the recruiting class. Right now on my team I have 7 seniors and 29 freshmen. When they all turn seniors, I'll be formidable again.

I think you need to raise your difficulty
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 10-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Does it get higher than Heisman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Custom sliders can make the game significantly more challenging than default Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »