Home

Power Running from the Shotgun

This is a discussion on Power Running from the Shotgun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7
Power Running from the Shotgun

Ok, I was looking for a base offense to create a Shotgun style offense sort of like the Mullen/Meyer offense. I want to be very multiple in formations but simplistic in actual plays. What are the best base playbooks to start with? I figured Mississippi State would be, and I was also wondering if it would be good to incorporate some Pistol as well. The main running plays I want are, Power (HB and QB), Counter (if it works any better after the patches), any kind of short traps, and Lead draws. Also, do the QB wraps work or is the QB's animation still so slow you cant do anything with it? I thought this was addressed in a patch???

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Power Running from the Shotgun

I run from the gun alot. Some formations you might be interested im are:

Spread flex
Wing offset weak
Wing offset
Slot F Wing
4wr trio strong
Wing trips(love the Bucks Sweep play)
Pistol cross
Pistol strong slot

All of those have some good HB dives, counters, quick base, and bucks sweep in certain ones from the gun. The pistol forms have 2-3 backs so you can run some leads and lead draws
Old 10-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I used to run a power spread before electing to go with a more "traditional" spread.

The best formations are the four "wing" formations (Normal Flex Wing, Slot F Wing, Wing Offset, Wing Offset Weak). The Pistol formations with a second back in the backfield. The Flex formations (Spread, Trio) and either Wing Trips or Trio HB Wk are all good options.

The problem with running this offense and the reason I stopped running it is that the Wing formations have no good pass plays and you get into predictable formations and plays against users. If you want to just run this against the CPU, then it is a pretty decent option, but I would not run it against users.

My spread rushing attack for online/online dynasty play is Oregon based. Read, Power, Counter, Sweep and then a few Jet plays out of non-wing/flex formations. It is great if you have the personnel and I love having that book available, but I've started running more pass oriented attacks.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I just started an OD with Arizona St and I thought it would be fun to experiment with their Offense but their playbook has really left me with no decent run plays so I added some but I really wanted to run from the Gun but it seems like I cannot run from the gun, feels like Im in quick sand. You guys have success running out of the gun with these formation? Im so tired of passing, I throw entirely too many INTS based on bogus CPU AI

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »