Home

How many years do you guys usually play in your dynasty

This is a discussion on How many years do you guys usually play in your dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How many years do you guys usually play in your dynasty

Was just wondering how many years you guys play in your dynasty. I have a off line dynasty with notre dame and am mid way through year 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How many years do you guys usually play in your dynasty

I'm year 6 of my SMU dynasty.
The last time I went this deep into a dynasty was NCAA '08 with Hawaii.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

I have taken a baylor dynasty last year 7 years deep.

the longest I have ever done is a 13 year texas tech dynasty, but that was playing offense only
Old 10-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Longest ever straight play was mid 40's, it's a 2009 NCAA Boise State Dynasty that I still pop in occasionally.

I did two over 20's in last year's version. This year, due to writeups for my thread, just started year 3 of my Tigers dynasty. Hoping to make 10 by July.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

Usually 3-4 years, but I always have one main dynasty I stick with for 15-20 years. I really like the OC option this year, I might be an OC for 5-10 years then take a HC job somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

My offline dynasty is always 20+. The online dynasty has been 10+
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

last-gen, I often went well over 25 years(had much more free time). current-gen, the longest was around 12 offline, and 13 in OD.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm in year 8 of mine, but did something different. This season I started editing teams other than the one I'm coaching. For example, on Hawaii's team, I gave most of the players from Hawaii Hawaiin names, and tried to make them look polynesian. I'd edit the weight of some of the players that were lacking (ex. 6'6" 230 DE to 6'6" 250 DE), the ratings (ex. 5'11" 167 power back to 5'11" 167 speed back), the appearences, use more of the faces than what's usually generated by the CPU (makes the rosters look more diverse), and change up the equipment. For the Florida teams (especially USF, FIU, and Miam), I'd give some of the players Haitian names, or Cuban names, Puerto Rican names, etc...

I used a couple things to get most of the names I use.

1. Recruiting website databases ( ex. Rivals, ESPN, Scout, 247, etc...)
I could go to any team I'm editing and see the commits they had from back to 2002 (with Rivals and Scout). Helps me stay fresh and creative with names since I have such a large pool to work with (don't want to end up with a lot of the players having the same or similar names).

2. College Football Rosters (Div 1 & 2)

3. NFL.com database

Another thing I did was search for a bunch of different ethnic names (Whether it be, Polynesian, African, European, Spanish, Carribean, Asian, Creole, Ghetto, you name it). EA/Tiburon is really lacking in this department, and I wish they'd step their game up to atleast what 2k did with CHOOPS2k8 (goat college game if you didn't know).

I've done this for 30+ teams so far, and it's really made stick to this Dynasty. I'm really engaged with it. Only draw-back, extremely time consuming (It's been about 3 weeks, and I still haven't finished this season, a lot of that has to do with me watching CPU vs CPU and taking pics). But the reward I get out of it, best dynasty experience I've had since I first started playing NCAA (04). Everything in the dynasty matters, makes you feel like you know all the players. It makes the news section interesting (from scores, to injuries, Heisman race, awards, AA's, etc...).

If anybody has a lot of time, or is patient with their Offline Dynasty, this is where it's at. Without this, I would've sold this game a while back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »