Home

2 Issues

This is a discussion on 2 Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #25
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Read my first sentence?
Ok fair enough

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
Flip the play?
That would move the recievers also

Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #27
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
The reason you can't shift multiple guys is quite simple, it's because programming that would be way too much work and frankly unnecessary when you consider they make millions off this game every year anyway. If you have ever watched Boise state or this season's Texas offense you would see crazy deceptive shifts before the snap. Check out 3:18 on this video and you'll see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN_T1QTTu1M

Think about how much work it would take to program stuff like that, and to make it glitch-free. To the casual noob game buyer who looks at the back of the box, gimmicks like season showdown, mascot mashup, 3d grass, and dreads are more appealing. Consider the number of gimmicky things like those that have been added over the past years vs. the fact that we still can't make multiple-guy shifts. This is the problem when you have a monopoly.

If it were up to me I would make it so when you select a guy before the snap it pops up buttons over the possible spots he could shift to. E.g. select a wr and an x pops up over the back field, a triangle pops up next to the o line, and then more buttons pop up over other guy's heads to switch places. So if you select your wr and hit the button over the qb's head they switch places. So say I come out in an ace formation, 2wr 2te 1rb and select one of my receivers, I can move him into the backfield, move him next to either of the te's, move him next to the other wr on the other side of the line, switch him with the qb(trickeration), etc. Then maybe if you select a guy and hit a direction he shifts around his current spot I.e. move the rb to the other side of the qb or move a receiver off the line.

Then on top of that I would make it so you could shift another guy as soon as you decided where the first guy goes(no waiting for him to finish moving like we have now), so you could shift multiple guys at once. Then if a noob snaps the ball while two guys are shifting you get an illegal procedure penalty.
I get it. Like how we hot route receivers now?!?! That's a good idea and we could commit it to memory. Something else is you can do it like a hot route but use the d-pad instead of the buttons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »