Home

A few changes I would like to see in Recruiting

This is a discussion on A few changes I would like to see in Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A few changes I would like to see in Recruiting

I would love to see inverse points on recruiting. Example

John doe lives in NM and his interest in proximity to home D.
I'm recruiting him to come to UConn. Therefore, i get A+ points since he doesnt want to stay close to home.

John Doe interest in early playing time is Least. So if i'm recruiting him and my early playing time is a D then i should get more points and furthermore the promise of no redshirt on campus should almost be null.

Hope this makes sense lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: A few changes I would like to see in Recruiting

It only really works for Proximity. What prospect, even if he ranks something as least, is attracted to schools with crappy facilities and academics?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
It only really works for Proximity. What prospect, even if he ranks something as least, is attracted to schools with crappy facilities and academics?
Might not work in all categories, but it would at least be reasonable in
Early playing time
Proximity
Coach prestige(some recruits dont want to play for big name coaches)

Obviously it wont work in facilities and academics, etc.

Also would like to see style of play as a factor. For example, if Denard Robinson could do it over again with the current Michigan philosiphy, he wouldn't go there to that pro styled offense, but to a spread attack like Auburn/Oregon. A power running back like Spencer Ware is a perfect fit for LSU, while he wouldn't be at Oregon. Justin Blackmon wouldn't go to GT when he can play in an air raid like OSU. Just some examples of what I mean by "style of play"
Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OneQuickWhitt's Arena

The style of play should definitely be in. That also would make for a good new promise, "Will accommodate to recruit's style of play". Though, it could only realistically be in place for skill players. Either way, i want that pitch in the game
Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneQuickWhitt
The style of play should definitely be in. That also would make for a good new promise, "Will accommodate to recruit's style of play". Though, it could only realistically be in place for skill players. Either way, i want that pitch in the game
This.

The coach philosophy stuff is in the game, and it is even tied to recruiting in that it tells you what positions you need to fulfill spots on your offense or defense and it varies from type to type.

It should be easy to tie that same programming into a pitch where a 6'5" 220 WR with A speed would rather excel in a pass heavy spread system and be less interested in playing in an option attack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agree this should be part of recruiting process, and that it would seem easy to tie in with coach philosophy.
My question is: if programming did tie it in, is it possible to code into the program the ability to overcome that tie in? Maybe that speed WR would definitely enjoy a pass-heavy offense, but what if his choices for school A and B were as follows:

School A [player's 'grade']
"A" Proximity to home ["Very High" - yeah, I know, not often in this game]
Run-n-Shoot offense [new programming ties this into recruit's desires]
"C" championship contender [High, or above]
"C" conference prestige [High, or above]

School B
"B" proximity
Pro offense
"A+" championship contender
"A+" conference prestige

Obviously not a programmer, but I'd be afraid that they wouldn't be able to code in being able to overcome the offensive/defensive-style for players like the WR example. Would be easy to slant it in one direction, but I'm not convinced -- with other programming issues in recruiting -- that style wouldn't become too great of an obstacle to overcome, regardless of other pitches.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Definitely should work for Prestige, Proximity. It would be dicey for others.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Agree this should be part of recruiting process, and that it would seem easy to tie in with coach philosophy.
My question is: if programming did tie it in, is it possible to code into the program the ability to overcome that tie in? Maybe that speed WR would definitely enjoy a pass-heavy offense, but what if his choices for school A and B were as follows:

School A [player's 'grade']
"A" Proximity to home ["Very High" - yeah, I know, not often in this game]
Run-n-Shoot offense [new programming ties this into recruit's desires]
"C" championship contender [High, or above]
"C" conference prestige [High, or above]

School B
"B" proximity
Pro offense
"A+" championship contender
"A+" conference prestige

Obviously not a programmer, but I'd be afraid that they wouldn't be able to code in being able to overcome the offensive/defensive-style for players like the WR example. Would be easy to slant it in one direction, but I'm not convinced -- with other programming issues in recruiting -- that style wouldn't become too great of an obstacle to overcome, regardless of other pitches.
Don't know if this is what you meant but...

Why not just assign each recruit a preferred philosophy based on attributes or what have you, and then assign his preferences like a pitch. So say a speed back had a spread offense as his preferred offense and it he was determined to play in that type of offense, so the rating would be an A+. The tricky part would be how do they determine which recruits would prefer what kind of philosophy.

Regardless of how it is implemented, I would just like to see it implemented in some shape or form because philosophies can be a determining factor in where a recruit decides to play ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »