Home

CPU passing on AA needs tuning

This is a discussion on CPU passing on AA needs tuning within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
CPU passing on AA needs tuning

I have been playing on AA. The CPU can not get the passing game going. I even edited the opposing teams qb ratings before the game increasing all the important attributes to high 90's and he still sucked. My DB's have ratings in the 70's and 80's and were playing against a couple of stud receivers. I have tried numerous slider combo's and nothing seems to work. I tried lowering threshold, but players break too many long runs. Is anyone else having issues like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: CPU passing on AA needs tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I have been playing on AA. The CPU can not get the passing game going. I even edited the opposing teams qb ratings before the game increasing all the important attributes to high 90's and he still sucked. My DB's have ratings in the 70's and 80's and were playing against a couple of stud receivers. I have tried numerous slider combo's and nothing seems to work. I tried lowering threshold, but players break too many long runs. Is anyone else having issues like this?
Yes. The AI is brutal in this game. I can't get the AI passing game going no matter what I do. They will typically be 3/13 with a pick by halftime and thats with their accuracy cand WR catch cranked up and human pass coverage at 0 and Int at 20.

I think its possible that the sliders are reversed, don't work, or don't do what they say they do.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Pro

I don't think the sliders for pass coverage or qb accuracy work. I have tried them at 100 and 0 with no significant difference. EA...are you seeing this?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I don't think the sliders for pass coverage or qb accuracy work. I have tried them at 100 and 0 with no significant difference. EA...are you seeing this?
I turned my INT slider down to 10 and pass coverage at 0 to try to help the AI and 2 out of the first 3 passes were picked by my LBs that I wasn't controlling.

Something is foul here.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I turned my INT slider down to 10 and pass coverage at 0 to try to help the AI and 2 out of the first 3 passes were picked by my LBs that I wasn't controlling.

Something is foul here.
That's not right, they need to fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Huh? I got eaten alive by OkSt two years in a row.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #7
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm curious to find out if HFA is having an impact here. I'm going to try some games over the next few days to see.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
I'm curious to find out if HFA is having an impact here. I'm going to try some games over the next few days to see.
I have HFA off. I tried something last night: I set the CPU Pass acc. slider to 0 and my pass coverage at 35. The CPU WR cth is at 65. The computer passed at 51% with over 300 yards. He completed several deep passes. His rating was 99 ovr. with high 90's for accuracy, power and awareness. The CPU's receivers were beast and my db's are slow and young, with the exception of my number one CB. Some of these sliders are not working properly. I am having a very good run game, just can't figure out the passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »