Home

Struggling with manual tackling.....any advice

This is a discussion on Struggling with manual tackling.....any advice within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Struggling with manual tackling.....any advice

I have played NCAA & Madden for last 10 years, I have it ingrained to just switch to closest player....or get close and hit stick.

Well this year EA removed the suction tackling (i like it better now). But i am really struggling how to tackle in open space. I keep missing on the depth...i think i am taking a good angle and it is too far forward. I give up 2-3 big plays a game because i manually cant freakin tackle.

Anyone have advice on how they transitioned from the suction tackling to the more realistic tackling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Struggling with manual tackling.....any advice

My only advice would be to try to use your strafe if your player is in postion to square up and make the hit. I would also refrain from using your hit stick unless there are other defensive players around to clean up in case of a missed tackle. I would also advise not using the tackle button if you are trying to run another player down. Your player will initiate the tackle automatically when in range and usually the tackles from behind are much more effective using this technique.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Square button is much more reliable than tackling with the hit stick...

Actually, in a game I just played the above was the "coach's tip" that appeared on screen during load...

I personally only use the stick when I'm trying to lay the lumber on a receiver to try and dislodge the completion...

Hope this helps!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Mrfrosty's Arena

OVR: 1

I was having the same problem. I found the square to be the best like the above poster said. Most the time they will do a diving animation towards the player. Sometimes they even do this weird double dive where they dive, run a few feet, dive again. Be careful if you try and dive when running someone down from behind though, you will block your team mates that are behind you.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Majority of the people use the Hit Stick too often, just press square or X.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Mrfrosty's Arena

OVR: 1

I had to stop using the HS all together. Time and time again I'll have a LB on a RB on a screen play they catch it, HS right after and the RB stumbles forward in that weird animation with the ball in his left hand then regains his balance and takes it to the house. I just normal tackle now. HS is dead to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »