Home

Freezing Frustration

This is a discussion on Freezing Frustration within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Freezing Frustration

Unbelievable! I just won a game and at the end it freezes and is stuck and there is no way to save the game. Am I the only one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Freezing Frustration

Nope. Its one of the reasons I have quit playing this game. Way too frustrating to be having a great game, then freeze up in the 4th quarter or right at the end.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Grim's Arena

OVR: 3

Mine froze at least 5-6 times in the first couple weeks I had this game right after launch. I noticed mine would usually freeze during a game where I previously saved a photo or a replay. Then would usually freeze in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Could just be coincidence, but I stopped saving that stuff until the END of the game by going back through Gametracker and saving what I wanted to save then, and I have had no more freezes, not even one, and I am in my 8th or 9th year of dynasty now. Another thing I always do is to save after EVERY GAME, just incase another freeze pops up. Im on the 360 version by the way.

Last edited by Grim; 10-15-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 10-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am in my 7th season at Wake Forest. Finally beat FSU and have the inside track to the ACC championship BUT as soon as it goes to the post game menu, the game freezes. Thanks NCAA 12 for wasting my time
Old 10-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Mine has been weird. For the 1st couple of months I havent had any freezing but now its starting to freeze at the start up screen. It will say loading but wont ever go to Press Start so that you can open up the menus. The word loading is blinking but it doesnt ever change. Frustrating.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mine has been freezing on the same spot. When I reach the transfer portion of the off season, if there's a transfer that wants to come to my school it locks up and won't advance to off season recruiting...

PS3 version.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am not sure why EA Sports did not do a massive recall once the freezing issues started being reported. I called EA last week since I got to the end of my offline dynasty and it froze and would not let me get to week 1 off season recruiting. They told me that this was a disk related issue that has been reported by many people who bought the game on day 1. This may also explain the issues with online dynasty issue not allowing advancement although many feel it is server related. So I sent the game back using my warranty and they will send me a new one for free that was part of the later disk releases. This is what happens when a company becomes profit motivated only and takes short cuts on stuff like quality blue-ray disk. Yes, it may cost more but, it would have been worth it for EA to avoid the massive complaints about freezing. I hope this helps and for anyone else impacted I would call EA Sports to get a new disk. Maybe they will announce a mass recall for people who purchased on release day.

I have a PS3
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Was down 40-35 in the Big Ten Championship game with the ball and 3:33 left and it decided to freeze on me. I'm replaying the game now (hopefully I'll play better D), but very frustrating. I'm also on PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »