Home

Conference Realignment

This is a discussion on Conference Realignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Conference Realignment

I'm starting my 2nd season, and just hit the conference realignment mark.

With MU possibly jumping to the SEC this week, and the Big east targeting Houston and a handful of other schools, how should I set up all my conferences?

It sounds like the Mountain West will merge with CoferenceUSA, which will probably take an automatic qualifying bid away from the Big East, which in turn will send schools like Louisville to the Big XII. The Big XII is also looking to add Boise State, BYU, Cinncinati or a handfull of other schools to get back to 12. Some think Notre Damn will end up with the Big XII or Big10 because they'll lost the Big East as a spot for all of their non football schools, forcing them to pick a conference rather then staying independent.

So how should I set everything up? Does anyone have any good ideas of what's going to happen, and how conferences are going to look?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Conference Realignment

Here's what I'm thinking for the Big XII, but I might just leave MU in, move A&M to the SEC, and move TCU in, and leave it like that for a year.

If not:
North:
KU, KSU, ISU, Louisville, and 2 of these 3: Cinci, WVU, Boise St.

South:
OU, Texas, OSU, Baylor, TCU, TT

SEC gets MU and A&M, MU goes to the East so that Auburn isn't forced to move west and lose their rivalry game.

I'll merge the Mountain West and CUSA, and probably call it ConferenceUSA, who has the best name because there's no location or number specifics.

Notre Dame and BYU will stay independent.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Here's what I'm doing for the MWC/C-USA merger:

C-USA* (automatic BCS bid):
Air Force
Boise State
East Carolina
Fresno State
Nevada
San Diego State
Southern Miss
Tulsa

Mountain West Conference**:
EastWest
MarshallColorado State
MemphisHawaii
RiceNew Mexico
TulaneUNLV
UTEPUtah State
UABWyoming

Basically, it's a promotion/relegation conference. Every two years, the top 1-3 MWC teams move into the C-USA BCS conference (depending on the results).

Likewise every two years, the bottom of the C-USA division (1-3 teams) gets relegated to the MWC.

I may have to consider different division names for the MWC.

*SMU, Houston, UCF all moved to Big East.
**For this scenario to work, I had to move in Utah State.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is how I do it:

add Pitt and Cuse to ACC, keep at 14
add Mizzou and TAMU to SEC and keep at 14
I keep the Pac12 and Big10 the same
The Big 12 is where i tinker the most and the main reason is because it has a lot of quality bowl tie-ins. To me this is the biggest factor, you don't want scrub teams showing up in the Cotton Bowl or other fairly prestigous bowls. I add TCU, Boise St. Air Force and BYU to the Big 12's eight remaining members(since colorado, mizzou, tamu and nebraska are gone).
The Big East also needs to be strengthened since they have decent bowl tie-ins (but weaker than the Big 12's) so I added the strongest remaining teams to get to 12. You can decide on who these are but I like UCF and Houston among others.
You want the Big 12 and Big East to be as strong as possible so that teams do not come through undefeated by virtue of playing a watered down conference schedule. You also want 12 teams so that they play a conference championship game and some undefeated team has another chance to lose, therebye bumping your team up in the BCS if you are in contention. But you definitely want the BiG 12 stronger due to the more prestigous tie-ins.
After that, there are several decent programs out west that I pile into the MWC such as unlv, nevada, sdsu, fresno st etc.

To me this is the best way to do it, keep the major conferences at status quo, assuming Mizzou leaves, then strengthen the Big 12 and after that the Big East .
Keep in mind, you can eliminate the Big 12 and Big East's auto BCS bid, but, the rule still applies that a conference cannot have more than two teams in the BCS bowls. So you get two from ACC, SEC, Big 10, and PAC12 and thats 8 right there, guess where the other two are coming from: either two from teh big 12 or one each from big 12 and big east. To me the biggest problem you want to avoid is someone like Texas Tech or Louisville going undefeated with a crap schedule and mediocre team.

Of course in my dynasty, in year 7, air force beat texas, oklahoma, okl st. boisie st , tcu and the rest of the big 12 to get to the bcs championship game. They beat Oklahoma in the big 12 champ and averaged over 300 yds per game rushing, and they were tough when I played them with my school, Wake Forest, but I pulled it out in the end. Its my first championship on ncaa football and is very sweet
Old 10-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory
Here's what I'm doing for the MWC/C-USA merger:

C-USA* (automatic BCS bid):
Air Force
Boise State
East Carolina
Fresno State
Nevada
San Diego State
Southern Miss
Tulsa

Mountain West Conference**:
EastWest
MarshallColorado State
MemphisHawaii
RiceNew Mexico
TulaneUNLV
UTEPUtah State
UABWyoming

Basically, it's a promotion/relegation conference. Every two years, the top 1-3 MWC teams move into the C-USA BCS conference (depending on the results).

Likewise every two years, the bottom of the C-USA division (1-3 teams) gets relegated to the MWC.

I may have to consider different division names for the MWC.

*SMU, Houston, UCF all moved to Big East.
**For this scenario to work, I had to move in Utah State.
The only problem that I can see with this is that the MWC has a higher conference prestige rating than CUSA. Maybe just flip them around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

A&M and Mizzou to the SEC, TCU (**** yeah) to the BIG XII, Hawai'i, Fresno, and Nevada to the MWC, Houston, Boise, AF, Navy, and Smu to the Big East, and do you're best at getting the MWCUSA formed. lol
Old 10-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

Will they ever fix the problem of forcing us to leave at least one team in a conference?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
Will they ever fix the problem of forcing us to leave at least one team in a conference?
I thought you had to leave 4?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »