Home

Sliders are broken

This is a discussion on Sliders are broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sliders are broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Go check out my thread in the slider section. The rush defense slider effects pass coverage more than the pass coverage slider. I think this is because the rush defense is designed to follow the ball and take an angle to the ball. Not just the ball carrier, but the actual ball even if its in the air.

The human and AI pass accuracy is all fouled up as well. All you have to do is put human passing at 95 and AI passing at 5 and you will see a huge difference. The AI performs so much better. Never, ever, put human passing below 50 or you will see the AI complete only about 35% of their passes consistantly.
First of credit to you for finding this

I am totally convinced that the 95 Hum - 5 CPU setting in Pass ACC helps the CPU play a much better game in the passing game, especially on AA and Heisman settings. This is proof that those sliders are mixed up. The CPU QBs are much more aware and deadly accurate. They still make bad throws especially when pressured, but if they have time in the pocket and a guy is open most likely they will hit him. I also noted that the pocket presence of the Pocket Passer QBs seemed maximized and Scrambling QBs ran a lot more. I am not convinced that this setting gives a boost to the AI run game or CPU RBs ability to use special moves though. I also tested on Varsity and I did not see as much as an impact as I did on the other levels, although I only played one game on varsity, so more testing on this level is in the works.

I also believe beyond all doubt after extensive testing that the Pass Cov slider works properly for the CPU, as in, 0 value means worst reaction time and 100 means best, but here is when things go crazy. It seems that the slider is reversed for the HUM. 0 value seems to give the HUM Def blanket coverage skills Deion Sanders style. I also noted a huge amount of defensive warping and insane reaction times by the HUM Def.

Play a half or a series on default AA with the Human Pass Cov at 100. You will see normal reaction times and realistic outcomes, as in if a CPU WR beats a HUM CB in man coverage and the QB throws accurately it will result in a positive play. Then after a half, or even a series change the HUM Pass Cov value to 0 and watch the chaos begin lol. It's actually funny to me.

Fist I'm not so sure if the Rush Def slider affects the passing game but I'm in the lab right now my friend off all day lol. Also to Wolfe. You are 100% right. If the Tackle slider is significantly lower than the RBA slider you can kiss fumbles goodbye for the most part.

We need to make sure EA understands that the sliders are all jacked up so that we have a chance to get a fix for the next patch.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I posted a while back that PCV is reversed. Noone seemed to believe me. You wonder why you're defensive AI and CPU play better at zero values for PCV, now try it at 100 - there will be a difference.

I even asked a mod to NOT move that specific thread into the sliders section because it dealt with general gameplay flaws - yet it was moved and the general NCAA followers never got to know of the possibilities.
You are right, but the only Pass Cov slider that is reversed in the one for the HUM. The CPU slider works properly. SECElite believes the sliders are both working fine, but are just not very responsive, so I went with that thinking for a long time, but after last night's testing I have to go with what is obvious.

CPU Pass Cov slider: 0 value equals worst reaction time by the CPU defense, which will make passing easier. 100 equals best reaction time, which makes passing more difficult.

HUM Pass Cov slider: 100 equals worst reaction time by the defense, which makes passing easier. 0 equals best reaction time, which makes passing more difficult.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-21-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

So much "broscience"!!!

I am on the side of the fence that neither declares anything as true or false

I just don't know

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I have been always afraid to try your sliders in fear of getting my rear kicked
I may give them a shot, I mostly play coach mode though.
Try playing coach mode default AI except Human passing 95 and AI pass ACC 5. Gotmadskillz said he was getting some great games.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
So much "broscience"!!!

I am on the side of the fence that neither declares anything as true or false

I just don't know
For testing the QB ACC findings just play a quarter on Default AA and see for yourself.

For the Pass Cov play default AA and set the Hum slider to 100. After you play a few defensive series set it to 0 and watch the crazy stuff your defenders will do.

Personally I got to the point where I was sick of taking ppl's word for stuff and I tested it myself.

The QB ACC flip flop and the Pass Cov flip flop is real. The Tackle slider higher than the RBA slider causing more fumbles is also true.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
First of credit to you for finding this

I am totally convinced that the 95 Hum - 5 CPU setting in Pass ACC helps the CPU play a much better game in the passing game, especially on AA and Heisman settings. This is proof that those sliders are mixed up. The CPU QBs are much more aware and deadly accurate. They still make bad throws especially when pressured, but if they have time in the pocket and a guy is open most likely they will hit him. I also noted that the pocket presence of the Pocket Passer QBs seemed maximized and Scrambling QBs ran a lot more. I am not convinced that this setting gives a boost to the AI run game or CPU RBs ability to use special moves though. I also tested on Varsity and I did not see as much as an impact as I did on the other levels, although I only played one game on varsity, so more testing on this level is in the works.

I also believe beyond all doubt after extensive testing that the Pass Cov slider works properly for the CPU, as in, 0 value means worst reaction time and 100 means best, but here is when things go crazy. It seems that the slider is reversed for the HUM. 0 value seems to give the HUM Def blanket coverage skills Deion Sanders style. I also noted a huge amount of defensive warping and insane reaction times by the HUM Def.

Play a half or a series on default AA with the Human Pass Cov at 100. You will see normal reaction times and realistic outcomes, as in if a CPU WR beats a HUM CB in man coverage and the QB throws accurately it will result in a positive play. Then after a half, or even a series change the HUM Pass Cov value to 0 and watch the chaos begin lol. It's actually funny to me.

Fist I'm not so sure if the Rush Def slider affects the passing game but I'm in the lab right now my friend off all day lol. Also to Wolfe. You are 100% right. If the Tackle slider is significantly lower than the RBA slider you can kiss fumbles goodbye for the most part.

We need to make sure EA understands that the sliders are all jacked up so that we have a chance to get a fix for the next patch.
I just don't have time to test every impact of the sliders. But I am quite certain the Passing 95/5 proves that those sliders are messed up....And if 1 slider is messed up, most likely many are messed up.

I will also say that I have played games with rush defense at 50 and the pass coverage was much better than it was when I lowered it. But that was just 3 or 4 games. I have been moving the Rush defense and tackling sliders, (always keep the two equal to 100 around trying to see what exactly can force fumbles), thats when I noticed the pass coverage was getting froggy. The coverage was much tighter at 50 than at 40. I know rush defense controls reaction and defenseive speed, so I think it effects timing on reaction to a ball in the air too.

WR catching. With it on 50 on Heisman, I see the AI do special catches, it even says USER CATCH when they make a 1 hander or a diving catch. If I raise the catch clider I see less drops, but I don't see these specatcular catches.

Also, last night I raised the AI pass block because I was getting a little too much pressure. Took MSU into LSU and sacked the AI on the first 4 passing plays with Pass block raised before I shook my head and turned off the game.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has hundreds of hours to test all the scenarios, but there are definitely some broken sliders and even if we crack the code, chances are the next patch withh foul something else up.

In short though, EA needs to test their sliders if they are going to have them in the game.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I just don't have time to test every impact of the sliders. But I am quite certain the Passing 95/5 proves that those sliders are messed up....And if 1 slider is messed up, most likely many are messed up.

I will also say that I have played games with rush defense at 50 and the pass coverage was much better than it was when I lowered it. But that was just 3 or 4 games. I have been moving the Rush defense and tackling sliders, (always keep the two equal to 100 around trying to see what exactly can force fumbles), thats when I noticed the pass coverage was getting froggy. The coverage was much tighter at 50 than at 40. I know rush defense controls reaction and defenseive speed, so I think it effects timing on reaction to a ball in the air too.

WR catching. With it on 50 on Heisman, I see the AI do special catches, it even says USER CATCH when they make a 1 hander or a diving catch. If I raise the catch clider I see less drops, but I don't see these specatcular catches.

Also, last night I raised the AI pass block because I was getting a little too much pressure. Took MSU into LSU and sacked the AI on the first 4 passing plays with Pass block raised before I shook my head and turned off the game.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has hundreds of hours to test all the scenarios, but there are definitely some broken sliders and even if we crack the code, chances are the next patch withh foul something else up.

In short though, EA needs to test their sliders if they are going to have them in the game.
I agree with you totally. I got a busy life, not at the moment though. I got a full time job, wife works and three kids. I get maybe an hour a day to do what I want. A lot times its sitting down before bed playing NCAA football. Other than the occasional shoot em up game, this is the only game I have played for years. Every year I look forward to the new release and then spend months tweaking the sliders. I am starting to realize it ain't worth my time anymore. I am going to wait and see if they patch the sliders and then I will give it one more go around. If not, I am done with EA NCAA football games. I played my ps2 2006 and 2007 last night and started to have a little fun again, but the graphics suck compared to the PS3.

One question about your sliders. Would you consider them for advanced players? In years past I got them impression from your sliders. I think I am going to give them a shot later today.

Is EA going to release a 4th patch or is that just rumored?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I agree with you totally. I got a busy life, not at the moment though. I got a full time job, wife works and three kids. I get maybe an hour a day to do what I want. A lot times its sitting down before bed playing NCAA football. Other than the occasional shoot em up game, this is the only game I have played for years. Every year I look forward to the new release and then spend months tweaking the sliders. I am starting to realize it ain't worth my time anymore. I am going to wait and see if they patch the sliders and then I will give it one more go around. If not, I am done with EA NCAA football games. I played my ps2 2006 and 2007 last night and started to have a little fun again, but the graphics suck compared to the PS3.

One question about your sliders. Would you consider them for advanced players? In years past I got them impression from your sliders. I think I am going to give them a shot later today.

Is EA going to release a 4th patch or is that just rumored?
I wouldn't consider my sliders advanced. You have to think about play calling and use slide blocking and D-line shifts, etc, but I wouldn't say advanced.

My current Heisman sliders are pretty close to default. I am thinking about just playing default Heisman with human pass at 95 and AI pass at 5 and just calling it good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »