Home

Why No Competitive Bantar? | Who Wants a Game?

This is a discussion on Why No Competitive Bantar? | Who Wants a Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 20
Why No Competitive Bantar? | Who Wants a Game?

This is a two-part post:

1) I'm curious why this place seems full of people whose only interest seems to be trashing the game. Anyone around here actually play it? Actually like it? Why on earth isn't this place full of people talking smack about who's the best and whatnot? Hmm ...

2) So after, I dunno, about 200 games against the CPU, I decide to take my game to the online arena.

Wow, you people are horrible!

I don't even mean "cheese" or anything like that - my games were exciting, competitive and fun.

I'm talking about how, on three separate occasions - ie, I only played three games - once the tide turned in my favor, my opponent QUIT.

Anyone here not a 2-year-old? Cause I'd like a game.

Add NEOPARADIGM on PS3.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 11-24-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Why No Competitive Bantar? | Who Wants a Game?

Because..... why?

A number of people on these boards play in online dynasties against each other and there is plenty of competitive banter there, I am a member of 4 of them and there is no shortage of discussions about it. But the majority of people here don't play online games, for precisely the reason you stated, people quit.

I could (and have) beaten any number of people online, but I could care less about the win when all I get to play is 2 quarters before they quit. I was 17-5 in online play before I stopped playing because my final two games were games where I got disconnect glitched by my opponent. Tell me where the fun is in playing someone for 45 minutes, dominating them and then having nothing to show for it? I'd rather play a full 4 quarters and lose than play 2 and a half and get disconnect glitched.

A vast majority of people on these boards have these discussions, which inevitably and rightfully revolve around the negatives of the game, of which there are more than can be counted because they want to see it improved. The only way for any game to be improved is for the consumer to force the issue. Unfortunately, that really hasn't helped much in the land of NCAA Football. Some of the bashing goes way over the top and isn't constructive at all, but a lot of it is very constructive and about things that have to be discussed.

As for people talking about "who is the best"... who cares? The top people online all glitch the game, most people here know better than to play there any way and who cares if you beat the CPU 122-0?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
To me it is about having Fun In the end. If I know that 90% of the time it is going to be a frustrating experience, why would I subject myself to that. If I knew 90% of the time my subway was going to taste terrible, would I still get it for the 10%? For me the answer is absolutely not.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
This is a two-part post:

1) I'm curious why this place seems full of people whose only interest seems to be trashing the game. Anyone around here actually play it? Actually like it? Why on earth isn't this place full of people talking smack about who's the best and whatnot? Hmm ...

2) So after, I dunno, about 200 games against the CPU, I decide to take my game to the online arena.

Wow, you people are horrible!

I don't even mean "cheese" or anything like that - my games were exciting, competitive and fun.

I'm talking about how, on three separate occasions - ie, I only played three games - once the tide turned in my favor, my opponent QUIT.

Anyone here not a 2-year-old? Cause I'd like a game.

Add NEOPARADIGM on PS3.
Neo, here is something that may help and helped greatly in finding legitimate players that will play all the way through:

1. Never choose quick match.
2. Find custom match, choose ranked, skill level within 3 of yours, and DNF under 5%

I am an xbox 360 guy so I have no idea what type of an online community PS3 has. However, choosing the find custom match or creating my own, has given me some excellent games.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
To me it is about having Fun In the end. If I know that 90% of the time it is going to be a frustrating experience, why would I subject myself to that. If I knew 90% of the time my subway was going to taste terrible, would I still get it for the 10%? For me the answer is absolutely not.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk
Let's not kid ourselves, 100% of the time, Subway is going to taste terrible but dammit if that doesn't stop us from eating it a few times a week. /shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »