Home

Spread offenses with under center formations

This is a discussion on Spread offenses with under center formations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Spread offenses with under center formations

Does this seem weird to anybody else when a team is labeled as a spread offense and they have numerous formations where the QB is under center? How do u utilize those formations? Do u just use them for running or what are some of the things that u do with them? Just curious to see what everyone does with these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Spread offenses with under center formations

I used Ace formations along with Shotgun and Pistol. I don't use Ace that often, but I'm probably still close to 50/50 on the run/pass with it. However I've been using it less lately and using Pistol in it's place for the most part.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Spread offenses with under center formations

There are under center spread offenses, so it isn't totally unbelievable. Paul Johnson calls his flexbone a spread option offense. Old Run & Shoot teams which would be labeled spread these days often ran single back 2x2 4WR.

Like Soldice though, I use Pistol rather than Ace. Play action is useless and I like the space Pistol gives me, plus there are no mid screens and other staples of my offense in Ace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »