Home

Heisman, the downfall of a budding dynasty.....whats the deal????

This is a discussion on Heisman, the downfall of a budding dynasty.....whats the deal???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2003, 08:40 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Heisman, the downfall of a budding dynasty.....whats the deal????

Yeah guys, I was once 100% like you. I thought Heisman was rediculous and a horribly unrealistic setting. Now that is all I will play. You basically have to bite the bullet and play through about 6 games of Heisman for practice. Hell, even the kicking game seems impossible once you start. But now I am kicking the crap out of Heisman just as bad as I was AA. I find myself cranking up the Heisman settings all the way to 20 just to get a competative game!!!

My advice for anyone who finds AA too easy as I did, go to heisman, crank up Human RB to 20 so you can run. After that it just takes some practice.... Believe me when I tell you that I NEVER thought I would think that Heisman could be too easy, but fellas, I am there after my first year in dynasty mode. I beat Miami by 4 touchdowns in year 2!!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 12:33 PM   #10
Redfield

OVR:

Guys, you really need to try Bill Abner's heisman sliders. I think their fantastic. I've had a lot of great games with them.

Old 09-23-2003, 12:48 AM   #11
All Star

i'm thinking about stepping it up to Heisman for my 3rd season. My first year with Syracuse I finished like 7-4, this past season I just won the NC only losing 1 game to Penn St. I think that having a fast QB makes AA way too easy, b/c you can scramble for 1st downs whenever. And I also seem to find that on AA drag patterns(especially with the TE) are almost always open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2003, 04:13 PM   #12
MVP

yep, on heisman turn up the AI to 20, kiss the always open drag pattern goodbye. Makes the game much more challenging.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:14 AM   #13
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Ya, I'm gonna have to check out Abner's sliders. I'm playing with UConn on Heisman, and in my 6th year with them, and second in the ACC, I'm first in just about every defensive and offensive category. I got a safety with like 8 picks, and a CB with 5. I'm holding teams to a little over 210 yds a game. I'm thinking I gotta bump up the AI sliders some.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #14
MVP

Try out my sliders. They are the last post in the sliders thread. I am using Minnessota and my buddy took NC. I won my first game pretty easily. I had a ton of rushing yards and didn't do aweful in the pass. I will really struggle though down the road with harder opponents. We both redid our schedules to play harder opponents.

My non conference schedule is California (I beat them soundly) then Hurricanes and Hokies. I think I will be 1-2 after those next 2 games. I will need to force a TON of turnovers to win. My RBs are good but the line is too crappy to hold their D line off.

At least I am going to get the challenge that I have been wanting.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:15 PM   #15
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

will do... I'll check them out now...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »