Home

*Designated Road To Glory Thread*

This is a discussion on *Designated Road To Glory Thread* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: *Designated Road To Glory Thread*

5-1
I had the Tebow-like comeback. We were down 17-7 with 2 mins left. Before that we could at least had it 17-10, but the coach called a 4th down with over 2 mins left and we failed. Next drive I drove down the field and we was able to convert on a 4th down that eventually became a TD. I thought at least we will only lose by 3. But our defense gave us the ball with 25 secs left from our 25. Very 1st play, I complete a wide open WR on a vertical in the middle to get us to red zone. Next play, I forced a encroachment. My main concern was not turning it over and going to over time. Next play, I had a TE go across the field. I threw him the ball and he was able to break a tackle and score a TD. We won the game 21-17. I went 15/21 264 yards and 3 TDs.
I am not going to lie, I thought we had no shot at a win after we went for it instead of going for a FG to bring it to a 1 score game. Playcalling was horrible and Pressure was consistent/I took to long to decide on some plays. But next drive, it started to get better. Northwestern has some really good plays, but they rarely call it. The game hasnt "slow down" for my QB yet.

Last edited by illwill10; 12-21-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!

Ok guys (and ladies if there are any lol) I'm gonna give this another shot! My first stint failed miserably when my tailback tore his ACL in his first college game! Ha my luck!
This time around, im using the same model....a tailback designed after a tailback I played Defense against in High School. Although my back's name is different, he is from the same high school (Wausau-West) Wausau, WI and is designed the same. 5'9 217, with huge thighs the size of tree trunks, calves and a decent sized upper body.
His name is Marcellus Walker, and has about the same running style as the back hes modeled after. Straight ahead "tackle him or get steam rolled" lol.
I'm back in the WIAA Playoffs (Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Assocaition) and I must give the game credit. For the second time in a row (even by luck, as im sure there is no way the game knows the real schools) the playoff bracket is realistic!
Wisconsin athletics are broken into 7 Divisions based on school size. (1 being the largest and 7 the smallest). The bracket in NCAA Football shapes up to be a Division 1 Bracket, complete with the perennial powerhouse Milwaukee area schools, versus the northwoods powerhouses from farm country.
After finishing 6-3, Walker's team (Wausau-West Warriors) finished second in the Wisconsin Valley Conference (named after the Wisconsin River) and was seeded #3 in it's region, facing undefeated #2 seed Milwaukee-Custer. To make things interesting and hopefully a basis for a nice line of conversation threads, I will relate Walker's high school playoff run in the form of a "Wausau Daily Herald" (local newspaper) Sports coverage/story!!
Being a rural north-central wisconsin city, a standout back drawing Division 1-A attention is hounded mercillessly by the local media. The readers know everything about him, right down to his underwear size lol. So this should be fun!

Ill also add in the highlights of the other games. A cool idea I think and a lil change of pace from the usual "ok so I did this and this, had this many yards etc". I hope this works!! Go Warriors!!!!

Last edited by FootballJunkie3080; 12-22-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #27
Rookie

Well I see the thead has tapered off a bit since my last post. Which could be a good thing, seeing as how since buying my XBox....my first stint at RTG ended with a season ending injury. Annnnnnd as my luck would have it, somehow my second attempt didnt save!!! Soo.....3rd time is the charm right?
So here we are......Marcellus is starting his senior year in high school! Where will he end up? Who will court him? This time, im starting from scratch rather than wait till I make the playoffs lol
Old 12-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Is it just me, or are practices a nightmare? Half the time as a HB, I can't get to the line of scrimmage. Might as well forget about it if a counter or option play is called. Most of the time the LB is in the backfield before I even get the handoff. There have been times when I have came out of practice with lesser points than I went in. If I start out as 3rd string or so, it takes me a few weeks to move up. During games, I'm fine.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #29
Rookie

I agree Tonk, practices are a bitch sometimes. But I dont see them as "glitchy" I think the game is set up well to give you the true feel of the Division 1A experience for a freshman.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #30
Rookie

Ok guys, as I said before, im starting over from scratch with my RTG Tailback Marcellus Wayne. As promised, I want to use a lil story line to make it a lil more interesting! Below is the first of many "newspaper" articles I will use throigh the season.
Wayne is from Wausau-West High School in Wausau, Wisconsin....a neighboring city where I grew up. The newspaper is the actual newspaper in Wausau (Wausau Daily Herald). I tried to be as reaslistic as possible as any D1 Recruit is gonna be plastered all over the media! I hope you guys enjoy!

Note the german influence in the names, the northern wisconsin area where Wausau is located is known for the paper mill industry. The area has a heavy german and polish influence. The "Wisconsin Valley Conference" is named after the Wisconsin River, which is also known fondly as "the hardest working river in the country" as the swift current also powers all of the paper mills.

Wausau Daily Herald Sports: 2010 Wisconsin Valley Conference Football Preview

Monday August 1, 2010
By: Brian McCord

Wausau-West Warriors

Head Coach: Dermott Hahn (3rd Year)

Assistant Coaches: Jason Dahm-Offensive Coordinator (3rd Year) Wayne Vandergeest-Defensive Coordinator (3rd Year)

2010 Record: (7-3 Overall) (4-2 WVC)

Post-Season: 1st Round Loss to Madison-Memorial 35-21

Returning Letter Winners: Marcellus Wayne (RB, Sr.), Brady Goss (QB, Sr.), Kiefer Heintz (WR, Jr), Justin Bloch (LT, Sr.)
Braden Hoffmann (DE, Sr.) Tyler Geraud (Sr, MLB), Jared Steckbauer (Sr, OLB). Sedrick Blanchard (Sr, FS)

Key Losses: Keegan Voigt (G), Erik Volkman (C), Travis Gartmann (DE), Colten Seever (OLB)

Key Newcomers: Travis Wegener (FB, Jr), Tyson Berents (TE, Jr), Trevor Goss (OT, Jr),Ross Utecht (DE, So.)

Returning All-WVC: Marcellus Wayne (1st Team, WVC Offensive Player of the Year, 1st Team All-Region, 2nd Team All-State). Kiefer Heintz (1st Team, 2nd Team All-Region), Justin Bloch (2nd Team). Braden Hoffmann (1st Team, 2nd Team All-Region), Tyler Geraud (2nd Team), Jared Steckbauer (2nd Team), Sedrick Blanchard (HM).

Offensive Set: Multi-Set “I”

Defensive Set: 4-3

2009 Recap:
In just his second year at the helm, Dermott Hahn fulfilled his one and only promise to the Warrior program last season, upon taking over in 2008 for the retired Roger Yates.
“I can't replace Roger's legacy, but I can guarantee we will continue to be one of the premier rushing offenses in the Valley”. With a solid core of upperclassmen on the offensive line, averaging 291 pounds per man, and 2nd year starter Marcellus Wayne at Tailback, the Warriors did just that in 2009. Wayne once again led the conference in rushing and in rushing touchdowns (1,668) and (26) respectively. Wayne's threat level on the field made first year Quarterback Brady Goss' varsity transition an easy one. Goss passed for a 977 yards and 6 touchdowns. The Warrior offense ranked 3rd in the conference behind perennial powerhouses Stevens Point and Wisconsin Rapids.
The offensive clout earned the team a third place finish behind Point and Rapids, as well as a 7th straight WIAA (Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association) playoff berth. Unfortunately, the Warriors would lose a shootout with Madison-Memorial in the opening round.

2010 Outlook :

Wayne claimed the school record in rushing touchdowns last season with 68, and is just 330 yards shy of the school rushing record of 3,456. Wayne comes into 2010 season a stout 5'9 217 lbs. His north-south running style with a signature habit of finding the open field, has drawn the attention of Division-1A programs. Although he has reportedly received early commit offers from Wisconsin, Michigan and Texas, the senior has been adamant about focusing on his high school career before making a decision. Currently, Wayne is rated as the #12 running back recruit in Wisconsin and #57 nationally. When asked about the attention from Division-IA programs, Wayne his short spoken and humble.
It's an honor to have scouts come and watch me play. I do want to play college ball and further my education, but right now, I am focused on what I got to do here at home”.
Wayne will not have the luxury of the bullwark offensive line he had last season. The only returning starter from 2009 is 6'4 280 pound Senior Left tackle Justin Bloch. However, that's not to say there won't be corps of talent in the trenches. Trevor Goss, younger brother of Brady Goss, is expected to fill the Right Tackle slot. Hahn states the other three positions are a toss up, but current front runners are Junior Jayson Griel (5'10 250) at center, Seniors Bryant Goolsby (6'0 260) and Collin Steiger (6'3 270) at the guard positions.
Brady Goss (6'2 185) returns for his senior year at Quarterback and will be supported by “go-to” man, 1st Team All-WVC receiver Junior Kiefer Heintz (6'1 180). Of the six touchdowns Goss threw last season, Heintz was responsible for 3 of them along with 17 other receptions for 218 yards. Senior Erik Gould (6'3 220) will return at Tight End. The Warriors will look to a corps of new talent to fill the remaining receiver slots. Sophomore Jaime Rice (5'10 160), Juniors Simon Gereck (5'9 160) and Tyson Merkel (5'10 180) are expected to compete. Another receiver prospect Hahn mentions, and seems excited about is Sophomore Orlando Walker (6'3 190).
Orlando had a phenomenal season as a freshman last season.” Hahn states. “He is a three sport athlete, playing basketball and a sprinter on the track team. He has a nose for the football and has a tremendous ability to leap and snag the tough catch. We are looking for him to step in this season and make an immediate impact Under the tutelage of Kiefer, I'm sure he will be just what we need in terms of a deep threat.”
Wayne will line up in the Warrior “I” formation offense behind promising Junior Fullback Travis Wegener (6'0 255). Wegener saw a fair amount of varsity playing team last season, in the wake of the injured and now graduated Brad Ellsworth. “Travis is like a third lineman in the backfield.” adds Hahn. “He is not only big, but also set the team record this summer in squat and power clean, in the weight room. In addition he has the speed and the hands to be a threat in our passing attack.”
Defensively, the Warriors will return 7 of 11 starters from last season's 2nd ranked WVC defense. All-WVC and All-Region Defensive End Braden Hoffmann (6'0 220) returns at defensive end, along with promising Sophomore newcomer Ross Utecht (5'10 240). Filling the middle will be returning Seniors Josh Eglund (5'10 280) and Nick Troggs (6'0 250). Senior Senior Middle Linebacker Tyler Geraud (5'10 190) returns, along with Senior Outside Linebacker Jared Steckbauer (6'0 200). Both are returning 2nd team All-WVC selections, combining for 93 tackles, 4 sacks and 2 interceptions last season. The other outside linebacker slot will be won by either Sophomore Aiden Prebeg (5'10 185) and Senior Justin Mooreland (6'0 210).
Punishing Free Safety Senior Sedrick Blanchard (5'10 170) returns. Blanchard garnered All-WVC Honorable Mention last season, placing fourth in the conference in tackles (21). However, Blanchard also tallied 5 forced fumbles and 2 sacks. According to Hahn, the senior's hitting prowess earned a nickname from his teammates.
We could always count on Sedrick last season to bring up secondary support: Hahn adds. “The first game of the season, we were up at Ashland. They had a very quick and big back who we had a lot of trouble containing.” Hahn explains with a grin.
I believe it was late in the second quarter, just before the half...we were down 14-7. The back broke loose again and Sedrick was our last hope to save a big play. Not only did he take down the kid, who had him by about 20 pounds, but Sedrick hit him so hard he knocked him out of bounds on our sideline. I remember the collision, it sounded like a train hitting a mack truck! I remember when the kid got up and stumbled a bit with snot bubbles coming out of his nose. One of our guys on the sideline said “Nice hit Sed! Look at the bubbles! From that point on, his nickname was bubbles!” Hahn adds with a laugh.
Joining Blanchard in the secondary will be returning Junior Corner Jesse Hampmeier (5'9 160). The Strong Safety position is expected to be filled by Junior Dylan Keller (5'10 160) while the remaining corner position is expected to be filled by Sophomore Kellen Jessep (6'0 170).

2010 Schedule:
Once again the Wisconsin Valley Conference is shaping up to be one of the top football conferences in the state. 2009 Division 1 Runner-Up Stevens Point is picked to once again to take the conference title. Wisconsin Rapids is picked to take 2nd. For the first time in 4 years, the Warriors are picked in the top 3, contending with Marshfield for 3rd place.
The Warriors will open the season, heading to the northern end of the state to face Big Rivers Conference heavyweight Superior. In week 2, they will return home for yet another tough non-conference bout with River Falls. The Warriors will open conference action on September 3rd on their home turf of Thom Field with Marshfield. Perhaps the biggest test of the season will be October 1st, when the Warriors host powerhouse Stevens Point on Homecoming. West will end the regular season on October 15th at home with arch rival Antigo.
According to Hahn, the unusually tough schedule this season is by design.
If there is any season for us to go to Madison, it's this one. We have a solid team on both sides of the ball. But to get there, we have to be at the top of our game. In order to be the best, we have to play the best!”
The Warriors will kick off the 2010 season on Friday August 20th at Superior High School. Game time is set for 7:30 pm.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #31
Rookie

Wausau Daily Herald: Sports
West Wallops Spartans in Season Opener”

Saturday August 20 , 2011
By: Brian McCord

Friday night, the Wausau-West Warriors kicked off the 2011 Season, hitting the road to the northern tip of the state, facing Big Rivers Conference powerhouse Superior. The Spartans defied the odds last season, upsetting perennial BRC champion Menomonie, and driving deep into the playoffs. Their Division 1 championship bid was ended in overtime by Stevens Point 28-27. This season, the Spartans return with the conference's top defense mainly intact, graduating just one starter. The Warriors return a similar team, setting the stage for an interesting 2011 season kickoff.
After a stalemate first half, the Warriors landed the first points, on a 26 yard pass from Senior Quarterback Brady Goss to Kiefer Heintz, however kicker Lee Voltz missed the PAT, giving the Warriors a 6-0 lead. The Spartans answered at the end of the third, capping a methodical 66 yard drive with a 9 yard run from fullback Jason Seud. An Aaron Stark PAT, made it a 7-6 game.
The Warriors punched in another score early in the fourth, on a 17 yard run from Marcellus Wayne to take a 13-7 lead. A quick toss off left tackle for the 2 point conversion gave the Warriors a comfortable 15-7 lead. The Warrior defense held strong in the fourth quarter, forcing a Spartan Field Goal bringing Superior within 5 points. The Warrior defense took over and sealed the 15-10 win.
Superior is one of the best teams we will face this year” comments West Head Coach Dermott Hahn. “We expected a dogfight tonight and that's what we got. I'm proud of our guys for digging their heels in and playing the type of football we are capable of!”
Senior Warrior Tailback Marcellus Wayne, posted his 13th consecutive 100 yard rushing performance, tallying 123 Yards on 19 carries for a 6.4 yard average and a touchdown. Senior Quarterback Brady Goss enjoyed a solid performance as well completing 9 of 13 for 189 yards and a touchdown,
Senior defensive end Braden Hoffmann led the stifling Warrior defense with 4 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble. The Warriors will look to keep their momentum rolling on Friday night, as they play host to the 0-1 River Falls Wildcats at Thom Field. Game time is set for 7:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #32
Rookie

Wausau Daily Herald: Sports
West Survives Wildcat Dogfight”

Saturday August 27, 2011
By: Brian Corderoy

In the wake of a heel digging defensive battle with Superior last week, the Wausau-West Warriors staged their home field debut on Friday night, facing yet another Big Rivers Conference foe in the 1-0 River Falls Wildcats. The venue would prove much the same as last week, as the Wildcats boasted the third ranked defense last season behind Menomonie and Superior. From that defense, the Wildcats return all but two starters, including stand out defensive end Kyler Evans, who garnered nearly every post season award possible as a Junior last season, including Gatorade Wisconsin High School Football Player of The Year.
Despite the less than favorable mist and 25 mph wind gusts, the Warriors managed to get on the board first Friday. On 3rd and a long 9 from the Wildcat 40, Warrior QB Brady Goss faked the dive hand off to Tailback Marcellus Wayne, and booted right. The protection of pulling Right Guard Collin Steiger broke down, when Steiger slipped in the slick grass. Despite the powerful rush of Evans and a trio of Wildcats, Goss side armed an impressive spiral down the right sideline to a wide open Tyson Merkel, who took it to the house from the Wildcat 23, with 9:12 left in the first.
The Wildcats quickly answered with a 66 yard scoring strike from QB Kevin Bregen to standout Fullback Tyler Dyson. The score remained deadlocked until the final 35 seconds of the half, when on 3rd and 4 Wayne took what was designed a simple “Iso” play up the middle, put a move on a Wildcat linebacker, lowered his shoulder on Safety Lyle Johnson and broke loose on a sensational 56 yard ramble for the score.
The Warriors held on to their 14-7 lead through the second half, despite several threatening moments from the high octane Wildcat offense. The nails in the Wildcat coffin would come in the middle of the fourth quarter, when on a 4th and 6 gamble from the Wildcat 18, Goss dumped a shovel pass to Wayne who then made the rest look easy, weaving around slipping and sliding defenders and punched in his second score of the day. A Wildcat field goal in the closing seconds would be as close as they would get, as the Warriors survived yet another powerhouse dogfight 21-17.
Brady Goss finished the night with a career high 217 yards, completing 10 of 18 for two scores. Wayne continued his run of 100 yard games, creating his 14th for 120 yards on 21 carries, and a score.
There is no secret about how the Big Rivers Conference is big time football in the state of Wisconsin” commented head coach Dermott Hahn. “Just like last week, we knew these guys were going to fight us tooth and nail. Fortunately, we were able to lock horns with them and win the fight. Brady and Marcellus played their asses off, pardon my language, and I cant express how happy I am with their work ethic. Our defense came up big as well, shutting down Dyson (Tyler). He is a big, burly and surprisingly fast back. We knew we had to team tackle him and that's exactly what we did.”
Our linebackers did a terrific job tonight! Jared Steckbauer and Tyler Geraud combined for 17 tackles and 3 sacks. As a head coach, what else can I ask for?”
The Warriors will open Wisconsin Valley Conference play at home on Friday, welcoming the 1-1 Marshfield Tigers. Game time is set for 7:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »