Home

Running with the QB

This is a discussion on Running with the QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Running with the QB

I have a ton of success on QB draws, in most of my OD's I run a sort of Dana Holgorsen power air raid. 4 or 5 WR almost every play but 20 rushing attempts at a minimum and QB draw is a HUGE part of that. I'm lucky enough to have a 90+ speed QB with a rocket arm at Clemson (Tajh Boyd as a SR) so making him a runner forces the D to cheat off my WR's, opening up the air game.

The biggest tip I have for the true QB draws is wait to take control of the QB until the passing icons come down. If you take control right after you snap it, the QB ends up taking 3 or 4 steps in the wrong direction. Make sure you are running the actual draw, not blast. Blast is useless in this game no matter who you have at QB.

Like you said, a big part of the problem on runs (any QB run, not just draw) is that the CPU DL disengages almost immediately. Draws can counteract that IF you're fast on the sticks and can steer your QB to the hole. Don't run the draw unless you have as many offensive linemen as the defense has defenders in the box.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks guys for the feedback! My last question is do I just use the LS to run with QB or do I hold the r2? Also, is the only way to regain the stamina lost to call consecutive running plays or a timeout? I have noticed in the last few games (Wilson has become a Heisman candidate) the box is being stacked against me. Not sure if this is Adaptive AI or the individual school's defensive scheme or a combo of both. I have started games about 60/40 Pass/run which seems to make my run game more effective. I also have a heckuva time passing to the left side if I drop straight back in the pocket (usually wr is out of vision)
Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh btw ND I saw your dynasty and it is great (except for the school jk). Do you have a video recorder and all to record/screenshots. I have started a Madden 12 dynasty (thinking about doing ncaa or mlb as well) and would love to be able to post pics without using my phone and uploading the old fashioned way. WOuld I have to purchase a recorder or is there a everday easy way to do this that im missing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm110
Oh btw ND I saw your dynasty and it is great (except for the school jk). Do you have a video recorder and all to record/screenshots. I have started a Madden 12 dynasty (thinking about doing ncaa or mlb as well) and would love to be able to post pics without using my phone and uploading the old fashioned way. WOuld I have to purchase a recorder or is there a everday easy way to do this that im missing
Thanks I have the Hauppage HD PVR

It caputes in HD and the price was $200, so it is not cheap. It's a very nice device though.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Make sure you are running the actual draw, not blast. Blast is useless in this game no matter who you have at QB.
I've actually found a lot of success running QB blast out of 5-wide formations.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:04 AM   #14
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

The CPU AI doesn't adapt to anything...

You could literally come out in a 4 WR set and rush it 40 times for 400 yards just by doing simple dive, draws, and option keepers. The CPU will stay in their dime package the entire game. Pathetic.

And that's with Run Blocking set to 0 and CPU Rush D set to 100. This game sucks.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

I actually uploaded this vid a few months ago talking about this exact issue... This has to be fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMK6h1OqwfM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

do people not look at the controls?

Kansas Track & Field LJ

PSN: Dancer_Dancer

#nowplaying Without Walls - Memphis May Fire

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »