Home

Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

This is a discussion on Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #73
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
This came straight from the developers mouth. Strength means a lot in this game. A 0 strength OLinmen will get plowed over by a 99 strength DT.
Try it out for yourself. Even 3 of the Game Changers came out on their on radio show and came out and said it when they tried it themselves.

I mean hell, I can list a lot of things that came straight from the developers mouth that don't do crap in the game like they said.

1. Punt blocks and FG blocks happen on a regular basis in NCAA 12, said by Ben. Nope don't happen

2. All penalties get called in NCAA 12. Don't happen.

3. Real assignment AI fixed the blocking for the option and running out of the shotgun. Nope it doesn't.

4. Pursuit is for the defense only. Nope, not true.

5. Pass interference is based off a defenders Man coverage rating and a WR's route running rating. Nope, doesn't happen.

6. 100 new tackling animations and gang tackle animations in NCAA 12. Nope

7. WR/DB jostling is in the game. Nope.......

8. QBs roll out when they sense pressure........nope

9. CPU runners will run over you and around you.........nope, they run in a straight line directly into you.

10. Dynasty progression fixed......no not really

11. Dynasty wire......nope
Old 01-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #74
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Try it out for yourself. Even 3 of the Game Changers came out on their on radio show and came out and said it when they tried it themselves.

I mean hell, I can list a lot of things that came straight from the developers mouth that don't do crap in the game like they said.

1. Punt blocks and FG blocks happen on a regular basis in NCAA 12, said by Ben. Nope don't happen

2. All penalties get called in NCAA 12. Don't happen.

3. Real assignment AI fixed the blocking for the option and running out of the shotgun. Nope it doesn't.

4. Pursuit is for the defense only. Nope, not true.

5. Pass interference is based off a defenders Man coverage rating and a WR's route running rating. Nope, doesn't happen.

6. 100 new tackling animations and gang tackle animations in NCAA 12. Nope

7. WR/DB jostling is in the game. Nope.......

8. QBs roll out when they sense pressure........nope

9. CPU runners will run over you and around you.........nope, they run in a straight line directly into you.

10. Dynasty progression fixed......no not really

11. Dynasty wire......nope
even the Game Changers said something, then you KNO it must have been farked lolllll.....i dont kno why we believe anything these devs tell us....
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

What can I do to reduce the crazy amount of times where the DE reads the HB screen and stops it?
It happens so much. I dont think it is because CPU "knows your play". I can audible to a screen and the DE still read it quickly.
I am thinking lowering either PRC or AWR. I think it might be PRC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #76
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yeah it is the PRC. Anything at 78 or higher they will know what the play is based off the formation most of the time.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Yeah it is the PRC. Anything at 78 or higher they will know what the play is based off the formation most of the time.
What is a good spot to put it at?
For the Studs and the average or worse players?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #78
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

For average....65 to 70, with the studs, how high you feel comfortable with them with. If it a stud, then I have no problem with them making a play. It is the average and scrubs I have a problem with playing beyond their skill level.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
For average....65 to 70, with the studs, how high you feel comfortable with them with. If it a stud, then I have no problem with them making a play. It is the average and scrubs I have a problem with playing beyond their skill level.
For non 85+ DEs, I will make it 70 and below
Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
that still doesn't help much for Dynasty, because you will end up recruiting the CPU created guys....I'm just sick of the play recognition in this game (both last yr and this years), where it's just painfully obvious they kno the play.....they should not KNO the play, they should be reacting to what you do as its happening......
I think Play Recognition stands out the best on Varsity level.....not all players react the same in their ability to read the play

i'm a firm believer that the higher level's are designed to give the CPU and advantage in and attempt to make the game competive. Which leads to forcing the CPU to react to every play call the proper way more often than not.

There are times when I've played the game on Varsity level and the CPU has had players with 80+ Play Recognition rating yet they didn't know the play i was calling down after down.

One of these years i'm going to serioulsy think about dissecting this game on a freshman level via sliders and player ratings

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »