Home

I'm sure it's been asked before and for that I am sorry...

This is a discussion on I'm sure it's been asked before and for that I am sorry... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm sure it's been asked before and for that I am sorry...

Serious question though for the group... Is NCAA 12 worth the $60 to upgrade from NCAA 11? What are a few pros and cons for 12 vs. 11...

I have read issues with patches, have those been fixed?

Any gameplay improvements in 12 vs. 11 or does it take a step backward as NHL did this year?

New Bowls in the game this year?

Does it still have downloadable rosters?

I appreciate any help I get, I see it as a download on the PSN now for full price, and will pull the trigger if it really is a better game than 11, otherwise will just wait for 13...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I'm sure it's been asked before and for that I am sorry...

I just got NCAA 12 about a week ago and while many people dislike NCAA 12 i can honestly say it is a major upgrade to NCAA 11. The coaching carousel and custom conferences add much more depth to dynasty mode and the gameplay feels much better with the improved physics and tackling. With a great slider set this game is a lot of fun, i definitely recommend upgrading.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Id buy it used or at a store, it has to be less then that in stores right now
Old 12-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Thank you guys... Yes, I am sure Gamestop has it used or something, I am just to lazy to drive 10 miles since it readily available on the PSN as DLC... But also, thanks for the vote of confidence that it is an upgrade...

Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8

Don't think the game is perfect though because it is certainly not, many issues from NCAA 11 are still in this one and also there are problems with Online Dynasty which I haven't encountered yet but that I have heard about. But i still recommend it and love it so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopershorty51
Don't think the game is perfect though because it is certainly not, many issues from NCAA 11 are still in this one and also there are problems with Online Dynasty which I haven't encountered yet but that I have heard about. But i still recommend it and love it so far.
Cool thanks!!! So as for offline dynasty (I never play this game online) any glaring issues that are showing up new for this year over last?

I was going to pass altogether, but watching the UC/Vandy Liberty Bowl game just got me thinking I should grab it and get a few seasons in a Franchise done and import the draft classes.

If there weren't so many one-trick ponies, online would be more enjoyable, but the few games of Madden or NCAA I have played online, seems to have been against people that all knew the one play that was unstoppable and ran the same play all game, and when you defend the one side, then the clown dumps to the other side... Doesn't matter which defense you play... Or you find a guy that throws hail mary's on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down... It is bound to work a few times a game, but gets boring... I think in Madden in 09, 10 (which was the last year I played it online) I went 13-6 and in NCAA 5-4, and never did I find a legit opponent who repsected the game of football, punted on 4th, etc...

If I could find an online dynasty like that, may be worth a look to playing an online version trying to take my UC Bearcats or Michigan Wolverines to the promise ground...

Old 12-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Cool thanks!!! So as for offline dynasty (I never play this game online) any glaring issues that are showing up new for this year over last?

I was going to pass altogether, but watching the UC/Vandy Liberty Bowl game just got me thinking I should grab it and get a few seasons in a Franchise done and import the draft classes.

If there weren't so many one-trick ponies, online would be more enjoyable, but the few games of Madden or NCAA I have played online, seems to have been against people that all knew the one play that was unstoppable and ran the same play all game, and when you defend the one side, then the clown dumps to the other side... Doesn't matter which defense you play... Or you find a guy that throws hail mary's on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down... It is bound to work a few times a game, but gets boring... I think in Madden in 09, 10 (which was the last year I played it online) I went 13-6 and in NCAA 5-4, and never did I find a legit opponent who repsected the game of football, punted on 4th, etc...

If I could find an online dynasty like that, may be worth a look to playing an online version trying to take my UC Bearcats or Michigan Wolverines to the promise ground...
The tendency bug is a huge issue. Expect to spend about 15 minutes per game fixing opponent tendencies. Also draft classes to Madden are kinda messed up this year. Your Madden imported players will have huge shoulder pads. Also custom playbooks are a little buggy after the patch. For example you can't use a custom PB in dynasty practice (really kills immersion for me).
Old 12-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I seem to be only on who plays NCAA 11 on the X-BOX 360 anymore, is this true or are people still playing it online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »