Home

Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

This is a discussion on Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #41
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

Thanks for the heads up Shaun, that sounds like an awesome position to be in.

So have you had a chance to check out the arm glitch on running backs? Make sure when you test that you check out a running back that is like 190-200...not like a 260 lb back which have a different body type. Since you hunt for things wrong with the game and glitches, catching this glitch now would be IMPECCABLE. Please let me know your findings.

Thanks!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #42
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganSf
Why are you laying in bed thinking about this?
I had just finished a game of NCAA 12 before I went to sleep, so I was laying there winding down. You're just jealous I was thinking of the game, and not thinking about you

Old 04-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #43
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
I play the hell out of the game, but I don't ever edit players. That's why I'm digging through the forum for things I'd never look at.
Well I am glad that you are now informed of this glitch and can see if it's been fixed or can at least relay the problem to NCAA developers..Thnx
Old 04-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #44
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Bumparoo!! hoping to see a positive report back on this from Shaun. God, please have fixed this EA!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
EA has had community events for as long as they've made games. The Game Changers is a completely different program. In the "old" days, community events meant inviting guys down a month before release and showing them the game, letting them have a tournament and sending them home to talk about how great the game is.

The Game Changers work year round with designers and the development team. During the months after release, we work to aggregate community problems (read: bugs, issues, etc.) and ensure that the team at EA are aware of problems so they can be addressed. We are also working to provide input and feedback that eventually become features in future editions. Starting 6-7 months before release we routinely go to EA for a week at a time to really dive into the upcoming release. We provide input on implementation, balance and outstanding issues.

I've personally been to EA three times since January to work on NCAA '13. While we are here, we concentrate on the game 12+ hours a day, provide direct feedback to the team. There are an interesting mix of people here. Some are guys who are what I would term "lobby" players, they are fantastic at finding "glitches" and other game play balance issues. We have people who are fanatical about dynasty, we have others who are extremely interested in the pageantry of college football and how it is represented in the game. To a fault, everyone wants the game we play year round to be football.

I would love if one day we got to show the "inside" of some of this activity. I'm a pretty vocal guy and while I try to be positive in general have many, many, many quarrels with the existing state of Madden/NCAA. We've been pretty brutal in round tables and dialog about things that need to be fixed, changed or upgraded.

Don't be naive enough to think that none of us investigate how sliders and ratings matter. After this time I have a very intimate understanding of what each rating actually does in game, because I've asked and tweaked, and broken things while at EA.

I'm not entirely sure why people continually insist on writing the Game Changers off. I've spend this whole week combing this forum (which I don't even post on most of the time), looking for bugs and well thought out study items so I can investigate with NCAA '13 in my hands. I've also tried to take the concerns here about new features and game balance and try them out in game so things that are potential problems can be identified NOW.

I'm as open about things as I can be (NDA and good sense does make me filter some things) and if you have questions or feedback I'm more than willing to listen and have a conversation, but posts like yours are a bit irritating to me, simply because you don't have enough understanding of what we do.

Some people go to the beach on vacation, I go to EA SPORTS and work on NCAA until my eyes hurt.=)

One thing i would like to see is you guys bring it to EA's attention that certain sliders simply don't work.

I've created sliders for years in this game but i quit playing NCAA 12 after a month because the sliders were broken IMO.

If what you say is true about you guys passion for the game and attention to detail please let our voices be heard about the problems with certain penalty sliders like Pass Interference never working.

Also the Fatigue slider worked perfect in NCAA 11 yet in NCAA 12 it took a step backwards. It was broken completely in NCAA 10

As for the ratings what bothers me is the fact that for years the simple option play doesn't work part of it do to coding and some it do to horrible player ratings.

I've tweaked the game inside out for the last 4-5 years and it puzzles me that at times we have to literally edit the entire game from a player ratings standpoint just to get certain aspects of gameplay to work.

I've never understood why EA doesn't just include a Global ratings editor in NCAA Football.

I'm hoping you guys that are Game Changers really get involved this year on the effects of each slider and atleast some of the ratings which tends to hinder gameplay year after year.

I know you said that you don't post much on these boards but i think a guy like yourself would be an assest to this community if you provided more feedback occassionally before and after the release of the game.

I know it's tough sometimes to read the forums because not everyone is positive about the product EA releases or some guys might ask a million questions that you simply can't answer.

But I'd like to see more hands on feedback after release of the game similiar to what the guys did at NBA Live where they posted and interacted with us about sliders and ratings throughout the year with NBA Live 10.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #46
Rookie

lilcop90's Arena

OVR: 0

i actually prefer the arms this way
Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #47
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Bumparoo!! hoping to see a positive report back on this from Shaun. God, please have fixed this EA!
Sorry, I thought I posted this on Friday.

It actually was happening in game modes. I confirmed it on Friday, submitted a bug report and personally showed the issue to the team member responsible for testing those kinds of things. This one was the only thing they were completely unaware of while I was there, LOL. Great catch.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
One thing i would like to see is you guys bring it to EA's attention that certain sliders simply don't work.

I've created sliders for years in this game but i quit playing NCAA 12 after a month because the sliders were broken IMO.

If what you say is true about you guys passion for the game and attention to detail please let our voices be heard about the problems with certain penalty sliders like Pass Interference never working.

Also the Fatigue slider worked perfect in NCAA 11 yet in NCAA 12 it took a step backwards. It was broken completely in NCAA 10

As for the ratings what bothers me is the fact that for years the simple option play doesn't work part of it do to coding and some it do to horrible player ratings.

I've tweaked the game inside out for the last 4-5 years and it puzzles me that at times we have to literally edit the entire game from a player ratings standpoint just to get certain aspects of gameplay to work.

I've never understood why EA doesn't just include a Global ratings editor in NCAA Football.

I'm hoping you guys that are Game Changers really get involved this year on the effects of each slider and atleast some of the ratings which tends to hinder gameplay year after year.

I know you said that you don't post much on these boards but i think a guy like yourself would be an assest to this community if you provided more feedback occassionally before and after the release of the game.

I know it's tough sometimes to read the forums because not everyone is positive about the product EA releases or some guys might ask a million questions that you simply can't answer.

But I'd like to see more hands on feedback after release of the game similiar to what the guys did at NBA Live where they posted and interacted with us about sliders and ratings throughout the year with NBA Live 10.

Playmakers, you are one of the guys I respect most on OS. I've used your sliders (or subsets of them) for years. I'll interact as much as possible (I do have TSO to run as well) and I'd be more than happy to share contact information with you so you can feedback through me.

I will say the easiest way to get my attention is on TSO, I'm the top poster there (almost 15K posts) and I read damn near every post on those boards. Not trying to steal you away from Steve, but that's another avenue.=)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »