Home

Last-Gen NCAA Games

This is a discussion on Last-Gen NCAA Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

HRN31596's Arena

OVR: 0
Last-Gen NCAA Games

My uncle and his wife had their first child just before Christmas a few weeks back. Since then, they've been cleaning out their house and my uncle found his old PS2. He was going to sell it, but asked me if I wanted any of the games he had since I still play the PS2 regularly. I picked out a few (a Grand Theft Auto game, the first God of War, and a few other games), one of which was NCAA Football 2005.
I had this game several years ago, but sold it around 2010 when I got a PS3 and the newer NCAA games. I'm having a blast with it. I forgot how fun it was just to sit down when I'm bored and play a quick game. It makes it even better with the Homefield Advantage feature. Makes it seem like I'm really playing a game at a rival's stadium. I'm just having a great time with this game.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but anyone here still play NCAA Football games on the last-gen? If so, your favorite game?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Last-Gen NCAA Games

I have been playing NCAA 10 for the PS2 and I think it's amazing. The graphics aren't really that bad either, the fields actually look pretty nice.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

Sir I played NCAA 2007 on PS2 up until 2009. My friends had the next gen games and I hated them. I ended up trading my PS2 because I had joined the military and went oversees.

The old gen did sooo many things inadvertently good that the next-gen cant its said.

Height and weight mattered then. Just about all players were unique and the option worked for the most part.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the game sir. Happy new year to you.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 01-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
Rookie

HRN31596's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I have been playing NCAA 10 for the PS2 and I think it's amazing. The graphics aren't really that bad either, the fields actually look pretty nice.
I have NCAA 10 for the PS2. I haven't played it for a while, but I remember it was fun. I just find it funny how the PS2 games are much funner than the PS3 games. Plus, the PS2 games seems complete out of the box.

If you could somehow mix some of the features from the PS2 games (homefield advantage, FCS teams, etc.) with some features of the PS3 (graphics, teambuilder, etc.), that would be a game I'd buy on day one.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Rookie

kp2025's Arena

OVR: 1

If these games had the graphics of the current generation and the gameplay of the PS2 versions, I think you might have the best college football game ever. I am not incredibly down on NCAA 12, I actually enjoy playing the game, but I can't say I enjoy gameplay aspect as much as I did during the PS2 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

Still play NCAA 06 all the time. I've yet to find a football game with that type of sticking power.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRN31596
I have NCAA 10 for the PS2. I haven't played it for a while, but I remember it was fun. I just find it funny how the PS2 games are much funner than the PS3 games. Plus, the PS2 games seems complete out of the box.
yeah that's the key...complete out of the box. it wasn't a patch fest. you bought the game, you felt like you had a complete game. as Black4track said, height and weight mattered. Player ratings mattered. games like 2005 are especially nostalgic to play nowadays after so much has changed in college football since it was released. (rules, conferences, etc) for extended gameplay sessions, it's hard to find a football game that would beat NCAA Football 2005 on PS2. you can play long matches and never get bored. this is because every player feels unique, every team plays their own style. and animation branching is very realistic. the whole design of the 360 / PS3 NCAA games is entirely different from the PS2 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRN31596
If you could somehow mix some of the features from the PS2 games (homefield advantage, FCS teams, etc.) with some features of the PS3 (graphics, teambuilder, etc.), that would be a game I'd buy on day one.
EA should release revisions to games like NCAA Football 2005 release it on PS2 and sell it for like $9.99. I'd buy it. NCAA Football 2005 was truly the pinnacle of the golden age of video game football. 06 was good too, but i didn't think it was quite as balanced as 2005. in 06 it was much easier to complete the deep ball. 2005 defense was very realistic and passing was truly a challenge. it made the long plays when they happened very satisfying like you really threaded the defense. i just don't think you get the kind of experience on the 360/PS3 games that you got in the PS2 games.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think a great idea for EA would be to sell a "Super NCAA 13" game that would cost a little more but include an older PS2 game remastered in HD on the disc as well. That would be cool. Or offer some of the older games like NCAA 06 on PSN as a $10 download.

I do miss the fun factor I had on the old PS2. I think a lot had to do with the player movement being so much better (players had momentum) and that great players really stood out. They may have stood out a little too much but I definitely prefer that to not noticing them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »