Home

What has been your best dynasty ever?

This is a discussion on What has been your best dynasty ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What has been your best dynasty ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nredfoot
It was either 2006 or 2007 but I started as Auburn and because of the tough sliders I was playing on I lost my job after 2 years. At first I was furious because I had never been fired in a game before but I took a job a Missouri. I was there 10 years and won 3 titles. What was great was every season I had at least 2 really intense games against elite teams and usually one battle against a team not as good as me. That was the longest dynasty I've ever had.

Second place has to be my New Mexico one from 2011 that went 4.5 years. I'm still looking for a team to do 2012 with. I would love to have another 10+ year dynasty
This is the thing that I loved about NCAA 07...I took over Baylor, and ran them as a Texas Tech, throw the ball 50 or 60 times a game type offense. Every year, without fail, I would beat OU and Texas, then a lesser team at the time, say OK ST, would throw all over me, and knock me out of the NT picture. I stayed at Baylor the first 5 years, and built them into a power, then left for Oregon..stayed there one year, won the PAC10, won the Rose Bowl...went to Pitt, since that is my team, and stayed there for three years...again, always had one game I would lose in because my passing attack got shutdown, and the other team would throw all over me. I did go undefeated one year at Pitt, but only got a sugar bowl invite.

I then went back to Baylor, and the second year back, FINALLY won the NT. Barely though...I needed, literally, an 80 yard Hail Mary to tie the game and send it to OT, and then won in OT.

It was a whole lot of fun, and was the most challenging NCAA game I have played to win a title in.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
Rookie

I really started getting into dynasty mode and rebuilding schools in NCAA '12 I had a 7 year dynasty with my high school..Modified and Added my team to the Big 12 conference along with 8 of the teams from the real life Buckeye 8 conference. They started out as a C- team and built them to an A- team by 2016. Won the Big 12 Championship 4 streight years.. My QB won the heisman trophy back-to-back years. Broke every passing record known. Pretty much my defense was full of Freak of natures haha. Number 1 and 3 against the run and in the Top 15 against the Pass for 4 years. Defeated Auburn in the Alllstate Sugar Bowl in 2013 then BCS National Championship in 2014. The 2015 season opener Auburn beat me in 3OT 77-75..(Game was INTENSE lol) Um Defeated Mississippi State by 2 with 9 seconds left in the 2017 BCS National Championship 46-44.. and then the unimaginable happened.. my PS3's hard drive corrupted.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

I had a dynasty in NCAA11 with San Diego State that I played for about 11 game time years. Longest I've ever done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
Rookie

Renard's Arena

I am a big sim player (more on the older generation... I find simming to be better)

anyways my favorite dynasty lasted probably about 15-20 years and I control 4 different teams that I recruit with and manage depth chart/coaching philospohies with. One balanced, one option, one flexbone and one spread.

I played NCAA 2005

The other coach started at Eastern Michigan. These two coaches were the only ones that mattered. (The other two didn't have much success.)

The Tulane coach started the dyn there with the balanced offense and ended up getting an invitation to the SEC in year 3 or 4 after winning the C-USA and having about a 32-10 record with them. They recruited a stud QB and ended up winning 3 NCs in a row with the QB.

While the Tulane dynasty dominated early... the other coach worked his way up the ranks building EMU to a few 8 win seasons before being offered the Oregon job. They were struggling and a 2 star i believe. I accepted the job and they become basically what they are now. It took 3-4 years for them to run the tables and meet Tulane in the NC and once they did they got whipped.

That game turned the program around... Oregon would began their own dynasty and start winning multiple championships in a row.

The Tulane coach lost next year's NC game to Oregon and after a year or two of 7-5 and 8-4 football.... he was fired!! 3 NCs and he got fired lol

He accepted the job to rebuild LSU and seek revenge on Tulane...

however I think a new game came out or I began playing my 360 again the dynasty was abandoned.

However this was the best and most interesting dynasty experience I have ever had and yet I did not play a single down haha!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

My favorite was Vanderbilt in NCAA 2007. I think I played 17 seasons. I didn't win a national championship until the 15th season. A few years before that, I got to a national championship game, but lost on a pick-6 in overtime to Florida State. I won my second national title in my final season, the 17th season.

It was great struggle in the early years, trying to win in the SEC with Vandy. I had Earl Bennett at receiver the first year or two and he was a BEAST! We got competitive pretty quickly and were competitive throughout the dynasty, but the fact I got to only two national championship games in 17 years and won only two was satisfying, since we all know how easy it is to win a bunch of them.

The next year, I played a bunch of seasons with Eastern Michigan - maybe double digits, can't recall - and never got to a national championship game. I was proud of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »