Home

Offensive line attributes

This is a discussion on Offensive line attributes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Offensive line attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Check their Pursuit ratings too. It doesnt effect their Overall rating, but if its at least in the 60's it will make them way more aggressive in blocking downfield.
Since I am looking at guards that should be pretty important then. One of them has a 92 acceleration, I wonder how that effects his blocking ability.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Unless simming -- from everything I've read on here for the past year -- ignore RBK and PBK. If I'm understanding IBK, though, this will come into play for downfield (open field) blocks (I look for this from my FBs and TEs when I'm looking over recruit attributes, and in punt return I usually switch out the inside gunner blockers to guys w/ higher IBK and run one downfield ahead of the punt).

RBS and PBS reflect how well OG/OT/C will play against Power Move (PMV)
RBF and PBF, vs. Finesse (FMV)

There's a recent thread here that also ties STR into the equation. Meaning an 80 STR OG w/ 78 RBS may be better than a 73 STR OG w/ 80 RBS. Don't hold me to that thought, though.

I'm on board with your idea re: ACC. He may be in the 60s for SPD, but I want my OL to be >80 in ACC, >90 whenever possible.

For me, when recruiting OL I look for a combo of as near to 80 for RBS/RBF–PBS/PBF as possible. A previous poster says to ignore PB stuff for tackles, though. Not sure if I'm willing to let my theories slide in that direction just yet...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

From EA

- Elusiveness: Replacement for "break tackle" rating when choosing what type of broken tackle animations to play. Also modifies the window and success of breaking "elusive style" tackles (jukes & spins) with our new "break out of tackles" feature for 09.*

- Trucking: Replacement for "break tackle" rating when choosing what type of broken tackle animations to play. Also modifies the window and success of breaking "power style" tackles (stiff arm & truck) with our new "break out of tackles" feature for 09.

- Pass Block Strength: Replacement for general "Pass Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while pass blocking. PB Strength determines how well the player performs when the defender is performing power moves against him.*

- Pass Block Footwork: Replacement for general "Pass Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while pass blocking. PB Footwork determines how well the player performs when the defender is performing finesse moves against him. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap, as well as the distance of kickout pass block initial moves.*

- Run Block Strength: Replacement for general "Run Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while run blocking. RB Strength determines how well they can succeed in locking up a defender while run blocking.*

- Run Block Footwork: Replacement for general "Run Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while run blocking. RB Footwork determines how well they can succeed in pushing a defender while run blocking. Also scales the speed of initial moves.*

- Block Shedding: Defensive rating on how well defenders can "shed" blocks when in the open field (i.e. in pursuit of the ballcarrier)

- Impact Blocking: Offensive rating on how well blockers can pancake (or block normally) when in the open field - mainly special teams, turnover returns, etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
From EA

- Elusiveness: Replacement for "break tackle" rating when choosing what type of broken tackle animations to play. Also modifies the window and success of breaking "elusive style" tackles (jukes & spins) with our new "break out of tackles" feature for 09.*

- Trucking: Replacement for "break tackle" rating when choosing what type of broken tackle animations to play. Also modifies the window and success of breaking "power style" tackles (stiff arm & truck) with our new "break out of tackles" feature for 09.

- Pass Block Strength: Replacement for general "Pass Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while pass blocking. PB Strength determines how well the player performs when the defender is performing power moves against him.*

- Pass Block Footwork: Replacement for general "Pass Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while pass blocking. PB Footwork determines how well the player performs when the defender is performing finesse moves against him. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap, as well as the distance of kickout pass block initial moves.*

- Run Block Strength: Replacement for general "Run Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while run blocking. RB Strength determines how well they can succeed in locking up a defender while run blocking.*

- Run Block Footwork: Replacement for general "Run Block" rating when choosing to win or lose while run blocking. RB Footwork determines how well they can succeed in pushing a defender while run blocking. Also scales the speed of initial moves.*

- Block Shedding: Defensive rating on how well defenders can "shed" blocks when in the open field (i.e. in pursuit of the ballcarrier)

- Impact Blocking: Offensive rating on how well blockers can pancake (or block normally) when in the open field - mainly special teams, turnover returns, etc
Great find. Thanks.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
From EA

I wish I could find a list like this for all of the player stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »