Home

I think I'm calling it quits on NCAA 12.

This is a discussion on I think I'm calling it quits on NCAA 12. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Pitbullz4Life's Arena

OVR: 1
I think I'm calling it quits on NCAA 12.

Bad pass blocking and CPU pass coverage has made me put up my NCAA 12.. OFF lineman play paddy cake and sometimes acting like they forgot to block.. CPU pass coverage is so hit and miss, but mostly miss.. the shadowing of the receiver is, well I've got a couple words for it and I don't think I should say them on this board.. I lost count of how many times a receiver was running a route and the CB would know the route better then the receiver. yes there are cheese plays and the deep ball is why to easy, but dang really.. why is it as soon as the ball is in the air or you hand the ball off the CPU AI changes direction and heads towards the ball.. My AI hardly never does that.. so many more problems it would take me all night..

I'm a NCAA football freak.. I love this game.. I've played hundreds and hundreds of dynasties with over 50+ teams the past 10 years...

Forgot about the stupid *** Mascot game, 1 button playing, coaching carousel.. make more then a 12 team dynasty.. bigger rosters 80 players not 69.. There are more and more I've got but I'm sick of complaining about this game.. Maybe NCAA 13 wouldn't brake are hearts..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: I think I'm calling it quits on NCAA 12.

I finally had it with 12 this weekend. I've gone back to 11 and having a blast. No need to waste 15 min/game fixing tendencies. DEs actually generate pass rush. It's possible to run the read option. It simply plays better on the field than this year's game. And frankly for me, I spend 80% of the time playing games. So the little additions like carousel do little to improve my enjoyment of the game.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I been gave up in Early September.. Game isn't fun anymore when you have to worry about finding the right sliders to keep the game sim.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am in the same boat as you fellows. I have been so ticked off with NCAA 12. I am HUGE college football fan and honestly that is the only game I buy and play every year, and in my opinion it is getting worse every year. I have played this game since it first came out, and I used to love to play dynasty after dynasty afte dynasty, but I feel like that has gotten a little out of hand. I love to play the games and with my new recruits but I hate how long it takes to make phone calls and do the recruiting (remember the old days when you just placed points on recruits, the more points the more interested you were). I dont play the game anymore b/c off all the problems it has. They should worry more about getting those fixed instead of adding crap like coaching carousel. Also RTG is way to easy and pointless in my opinion. After being fed up the past couple of years with this game and NCAA 12 just being the icing on the cake I sold my PS3 b/c it was just sitting there and I dont intend to buy NCAA 13.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

OVR: 2

I traded in 12 on midnight release towards MW3. But what im playing currently is NCAA 06 on PS2. So much better its actually sad.
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

So what y'all are saying is that my patience in not buying '12 while waiting for EA to address its issues, has actually been a good decision?
Just keep rolling toward the 40-year mark in my original offline dynasty, and continue to move forward on a 2nd one I just started over the holidays?
And hope they get it right for '13??
Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I called it quits back in August. Got Madden and the gameplay was great compared to NCAA but the Atmosphere was "eh". Got FIFA in October and played the crap out of that until i got COD for Christmas. Will probably rotate between FIFA and CoD until summer then see what the reviews are on 2013...so far it's not looking like a go.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been debating calling it quits recently, and today my decision was made for me. I've been getting the 'Can't Read Disc' thing. I took the disc out and cleaned it like instructed but it happened again. I'm just hoping I don't start noticing this with other games too and that its only with this game. Anyway, I'll go back to playing NCAA 11 and Madden 11/12. Because NCAA 12 isn't worth another $40. I mean lets face it it was hardly worth the original money I paid for it.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone

Last edited by GeorgiaSports; 01-10-2012 at 08:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »