Home

B Speed

This is a discussion on B Speed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: B Speed

I used to be SPEED SPEED SPEED SPEED and ignore anyone B or lower on offense or DB. But my offensive philosophy has switched to an air raid and now I recruit B speed possession WR's hard because more often than not, they have the best catch/catch in traffic/route running ratings. Those guys with B speed, B accel, B agility at 6'3" 200 with quality catch ratings have been HUGE for me.

Same thing defensively, I used to never touch B speed or less defensive backs, but now I find that B speed CB's will eventually develop while B speed safeties make incredibly good LB's and C+/B- LB's tend to make great defensive ends. Some of my best defenders have been guys I recruited and moved down a position.

Now if given the option between speed and not, all other ratings being equal, obviously I want speed and I do try and make sure I have at least one speedster at WR to stretch the field, but I'd rather my guys run great routes and catch the ball first.

At HB, I really do want as fast a back as I can get. My current team has 99 speed Mike Bellamy as a Senior and he is a MONSTER, but I also have Demont Buice backing him up at 89 speed and he is a big time power back. I can make both work, but I love a speed back out of the backfield in the passing game. I run a steady dose of Shallow Cross vs humans and then hit them with X Follow to Bellamy out of the backfield.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: B Speed

To me CIT, JMP, Height are also important, I usually will go after speed too but often you see them with d- CTH. I assume the #8 WR is likely good in those attributes I mentioned so I would try for him.

Also like said ACC is key, you see some guys with A- Spd but like C Acl those to me are rather useless
Old 01-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
I put a slightly higher priority on agility and acceleration ratings. Football is rarely a game of straight inline speed. The players are constantly changing directions reading and reacting. Especially for RBs and WRs I put a premium on those two ratings. It makes it easier to out maneuver tacklers using stick skills alone and WRs get better separations out cuts during their routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #12
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Those guys with B speed, B accel, B agility at 6'3" 200 with quality catch ratings have been HUGE for me.
Yes! My wide receiver came second in the belitnikoff award voting with an 84 speed rating, 99 route running.

It's all how you play. If your offense consists only of deep throws go SPD and ACC. If you're too big a wimp to make timing passes and rely solely on slants and deep posts... Speed recruiters are probably the guys whining that hitch routes are broken.

It's all about your scheme. I go quick (not always fast) at HB with great juke and stiff arm. Great route runners at WR that can catch anything. Although I like having one guy that can force safeties to stay off.

I go fast on defensive backs, b+ or better with elite man cover skills. I leave them on an island in cover 1 or 0 most downs and want to know they will not be beat deep by anyone. This allows me to use overly physical lineman and backers, resulting in a stout run defense and plenty of sacks.

In short... It's all about what you do.

Oh also, I once tested SPD versus ACC. One WR with 97 SPD and 87 ACC and another with 92 SPD and 94 ACC. (if I'm remembering the exact numbers right) The WR with greater ACC jumped out to lead quick, just 1 or 2 yards. It took the WR with greater speed nearly 20 yards to catch up. Take from that what you will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »