Home

Don't want to cheese hurry up Offense. Help?

This is a discussion on Don't want to cheese hurry up Offense. Help? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Don't want to cheese hurry up Offense. Help?

Since I use ask coach, I'm trying to come up with house rules for calling hurry up O.. I only really do it Under 2 mins/situational, but everything I'm doing is perfect except Im worried I'll cheese if I call hurry up... Anybody similar situation? Any ideas/tips to keep it realistic?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Don't want to cheese hurry up Offense. Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Since I use ask coach, I'm trying to come up with house rules for calling hurry up O.. I only really do it Under 2 mins/situational, but everything I'm doing is perfect except Im worried I'll cheese if I call hurry up... Anybody similar situation? Any ideas/tips to keep it realistic?
I usually hurry up during last 2 min. Sometimes ill hurry up at other times to change the tempo. I NEVER hurry up after a first down because the clock doesnt work properly and its too easy to run lots of plays.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I usually hurry up during last 2 min. Sometimes ill hurry up at other times to change the tempo. I NEVER hurry up after a first down because the clock doesnt work properly and its too easy to run lots of plays.
But what about play calling.. If u use aak coach, it always puts up the same 3 plays from u first run it...
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
But what about play calling.. If u use aak coach, it always puts up the same 3 plays from u first run it...
I generally stay in the same formation, sometimes I'll switch it. I stick to my biggest formation (most plays) like SG spread
Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Since running no-huddle in NCAA can be extremely unrealistic at times, I'll do a couple of things to limit it to make it run more like a real no-huddle.

First thing make sure you know your huddles. When I run a no huddle I like a 3 wr, 1 te, and 1 rb set (I like using this personnel because it is good for switching between both spread and pro). Now since you use ask coach find out what your usual base personnel is on most calls and know you audibles and play calls to fit that scheme.

Next thing I do is if I do no-huddle during the chunk of the half, I make sure its only two or three plays before I huddle back up and will call a couple plays before going back to the no-huddle (sometimes I'll only run it a couple times in the drive and then go back to normal play calling). I usually also know what plays I'm gonna run before I go no-huddle. I only use it if I have a match up I like or I'm trying to find a good rhythm. I also try not to have 2 back to back drives where I use no-huddle, I'll try to stay away from it for at least a drive or two before returning to it.

If I'm in a 2 minute offense and I have to run no-huddle almost the whole drive I try to limit it somewhat. Occasionally in a real no huddle the more audibles or hot routes called the more guys will get confused or can't hear the play (especially depending on how loud the stadium is) so every second or third play I'll have one of my guys on a random route (put them in a hot route and then just swipe both sticks in opposite directions so I don't know which route he is running) or I'll leave them in to block (usually a wr) almost as if they think it's a run play, the more audibles I call the more dangerous I try to make it for myself to keep it realistic.

I also have a few other things I do to limit it and make it more fair but that's the core of my house rules with no-huddle. Oh and 2 more things, try to never run the same play twice in no-huddle and never no-huddle if your up by 2 or more scores.

Hope that helped at least a little.

Last edited by Ampking101; 01-13-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #6
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Yea good stuff! Thx
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »