Home

Utilizing a Fullback

This is a discussion on Utilizing a Fullback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #41
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Maybe try a Stanford type offense.
My offense is multiple. I have four shotgun, four I form, and 6 ace forms. Really allows me flexibility from multiple sets depending on the oppositions weaknesses.

I'll have games where I look like Oregon, others where I play like Stanford, and some where it's like I'm Texas tech. Depends on what the defense is doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #42
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Utilizing a Fullback

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
My offense is multiple. I have four shotgun, four I form, and 6 ace forms. Really allows me flexibility from multiple sets depending on the oppositions weaknesses.

I'll have games where I look like Oregon, others where I play like Stanford, and some where it's like I'm Texas tech. Depends on what the defense is doing.
I hate being too multiple because I'm a football guy and I like to keep things really realistic offensively, so I use formations and plays that I feel a team could practice and install and run effectively. Not many teams get away with being too multiple, even teams that are very multiple (like Boise), run the same plays just out of dozens of formations.

I may just need to do something like that. I am not really good in Ace, but I think I need to do it because single back Pistol isn't working as I'd hoped. Might just go one year of a very multiple attack and then see what happens.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #43
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

Quote:
I hate being too multiple because I'm a football guy and I like to keep things really realistic offensively, so I use formations and plays that I feel a team could practice and install and run effectively. Not many teams get away with being too multiple, even teams that are very multiple (like Boise), run the same plays just out of dozens of formations.
Yeah I mostly run the same plays out of all the formations. Lots of spots, floods, slants, tosses/sweeps, slashes, counters and play actions. All the same just out of about a dozen forms
Old 02-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #44
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
Yeah I mostly run the same plays out of all the formations. Lots of spots, floods, slants, tosses/sweeps, slashes, counters and play actions. All the same just out of about a dozen forms
Flood and spot are my go to passes out of everything. How is your passing game in Ace compared to pistol or gun? I don't want to get caught in a situation where I just run out of under center and then throw from the gun when I need it. Any consistent success with PA? Go to formations?

I hate the idea of condensing the box since it goes against everything I've ever done, but with what I have, I think I'm better off just loading up and powering it and work in play action. I may get better efforts from the WR position if I can isolate them in space and force safeties and backers into the box to stop the run.

EDIT: I did find a ridiculously good base playbook for this. Iowa is perfect. I can pull all the Ace plays but Ace Big and then it is a great order of Ace-I-Weak-Strong-Shotgun.

Last edited by PowerofRed25; 02-02-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:

I may just need to do something like that. I am not really good in Ace, but I think I need to do it because single back Pistol isn't working as I'd hoped. Might just go one year of a very multiple attack and then see what happens.
I plan doing some research and figure out what my 15 favorite passing concepts are. I know Mesh, Flanker Dig, X Follow, Spot, Smash (Inside and Out), Y-Sail, Stick, Flood, FL Cross, Slant, Drive will be included. I play on running these concepts out of alot of formations

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 02-02-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #46
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I plan doing some research and figure out what my 15 favorite passing concepts are. I know Mesh, Flanker Dig, X Follow, Spot, Smash (Inside and Out), Y-Sail, Stick, Flood, FL Cross, Slant, Drive will be included. I play on running these concepts out of alot of formations
How do you feel about motion (auto and manual)?

I'm kind of working through this in my head and on the practice field, geared toward facing users. My offense this year just isn't going to run with anyone, so I have to start powering it with numbers and using a little misdirection.

I've been working on a lot of offset I looks motioning my FB across the formation (weak to strong, strong to weak) to quickly switch the strength of the formation so people can't react. I've also been working on a few motions getting my FB or HB out of the backfield into a wing TE or slot position.

One great look I've started working on is Power I, motion the I fullback out of the backfield to the strong side of the formation and running power, he seals the edge ridiculously well. Could run Iso as the cutback on this, basically like inside/outside zone is run in the spread. Power being a hole to bounce play, iso being the hole to cut play.

I've also started experimenting with coming out in I Slot or I Normal and audibling to Flexbone Slot Right or Flexbone Normal. It is a really quick, deceptive motion from I to Flexbone and I could quick hit a FB dive/rocket toss/misdirect. The main goal here being to negate a user rush to stop my run game. If I can take the user manual defender out of the play, I think I can leverage the rest of the defense.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #47
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

I love motion of any sort.

A: shows man/zone
B: can mess with those users that like to control a linebacker and move all over pre snap
C: you can force the defense to change its defensive call sometimes
Old 02-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #48
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
How do you feel about motion (auto and manual)?

I'm kind of working through this in my head and on the practice field, geared toward facing users. My offense this year just isn't going to run with anyone, so I have to start powering it with numbers and using a little misdirection.

I've been working on a lot of offset I looks motioning my FB across the formation (weak to strong, strong to weak) to quickly switch the strength of the formation so people can't react. I've also been working on a few motions getting my FB or HB out of the backfield into a wing TE or slot position.

One great look I've started working on is Power I, motion the I fullback out of the backfield to the strong side of the formation and running power, he seals the edge ridiculously well. Could run Iso as the cutback on this, basically like inside/outside zone is run in the spread. Power being a hole to bounce play, iso being the hole to cut play.

I've also started experimenting with coming out in I Slot or I Normal and audibling to Flexbone Slot Right or Flexbone Normal. It is a really quick, deceptive motion from I to Flexbone and I could quick hit a FB dive/rocket toss/misdirect. The main goal here being to negate a user rush to stop my run game. If I can take the user manual defender out of the play, I think I can leverage the rest of the defense.
I'm not a fan of motion unless it's the motion option. I don't have a good reason, just not my thing.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »