Home

Utilizing a Fullback

This is a discussion on Utilizing a Fullback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Utilizing a Fullback

I'm entering 2015 in my online dynasty at Clemson. My biggest talent offensively is my FB. He is 92 overall and 93 speed with ridiculously good blocking skills (would be a mid 70's lineman). I recruited him my first season at Clemson. His first two years, I ran a multiple attack with some option, he got some carries but nothing major. Last year, to take advantage of a 99 THA QB, a 99 speed HB and 4 90+ overall, 90+ speed WR's, I ran air raid and blew the doors off the place. But with all that talent graduated, I need to find a way to feature this FB in the offense.

My question is, how? In real life it would be simple but the game kind of lacks quality FB plays. So what can I do to utilize both his running and blocking skills?

A few ideas I have had are:

1) Use the Fullback package it all formations to just put him at HB, using my backup TE as the FB in 2 back sets and just power run. It gets him carries but I lose his blocking ability and it takes a 95 speed HB off the field.

2) Create a sort of an under center wildcat look with him. Nebraska did it this year with Rex Burkhead. We'd line up in the I and then Martinez and Burkhead would switch spots, with Burkhead under center. Maybe have one or two formations with triple option in them, use formation subs to put my HB at QB, the QB at HB and run belly option. No pitch, just give it or take it off end with the HB at QB and get up field.

Is Flexbone an option without speed at QB? I couldn't run option but I could run FB Dive and the Sweeps and Tosses plus some run and shoot passing stuff. I do have a 84 speed true freshman QB I was going to redshirt but I could stick him in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Utilizing a Fullback

You have a ton of options with that combo, but a good delima to be in. One season I had a similar lineup, just my FB was 87 speed. In addition to the FB package subs, I also set him as my #2 HB and used a playbook with plenty of formations that allowed me to package sub my #1 HB to the slot (SG 4WR Trio, etc) From here I ran a healthy dose of dives, tripple option, and PA, all with a QB with speed in the mid 70's. Had a blast!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I-form triple option, i think that would be a good look.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd think:

1) Put him at 2nd TE in 2 TE sets
2) Put him at HB at times
3) Call FB runs
4) Use hot routes to get him in the passing game
Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
You have a ton of options with that combo, but a good delima to be in. One season I had a similar lineup, just my FB was 87 speed. In addition to the FB package subs, I also set him as my #2 HB and used a playbook with plenty of formations that allowed me to package sub my #1 HB to the slot (SG 4WR Trio, etc) From here I ran a healthy dose of dives, tripple option, and PA, all with a QB with speed in the mid 70's. Had a blast!
This is what i was coming here to suggest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
There are a few split formations out of shotgun that are pretty killer. Fb/HB powers, draws, a RIDICULOUS HB counter that might use that blocking, as well as some motion plays that utilize the HB out in the slot.

I love these formations as I've got an extreme talent at FB as well. Top ten in nation for pancakes with no sacks allowed. Catches runs and blocks. You should try it out
Old 01-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
There are a few split formations out of shotgun that are pretty killer. Fb/HB powers, draws, a RIDICULOUS HB counter that might use that blocking, as well as some motion plays that utilize the HB out in the slot.

I love these formations as I've got an extreme talent at FB as well. Top ten in nation for pancakes with no sacks allowed. Catches runs and blocks. You should try it out
A bit off topic, but what slider/settings do u use to see pancakes? I have my rum blocking set at 0 so I literally get like 5 a season
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 01-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

He's a 93 SPD fullback? Why not just make him your #1 halfback?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »