Home

Dynamic Player Development

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Development within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Not more coaches, please no. If you can spread those ratings over HC, OC and DC i would be happy.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phily915
question, would you be able to see the work ethic ratings during recruitment or would they be hidden? if i could see them, i would never recruit a 4* or 5* with poor work ethic. maybe it would appear after spring ball or something....
Agreed, it should be hidden for that exact reason.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dynamic Player Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by premeteam
one thing to add to the strength and conditioning ratings would be an injury prevention rating and possibly injury rehab (faster recovery) rating. Some strength coaches can get a guy strong and add size but at the same time that same training program can make a player highly susceptible to injury.
This is a great idea!

So your S&C coach would have two additional ratings:
-Injury Prevention (would increase/decrease a players INJ rating)
-Injury Recovery (would factor players recovery time)

Obviously, a medical staff staff probably factors in a lot with recovery but for the sake of simplicity we'll give credit to the S&C coach

Great input!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Another example of a player in this system:

Jason Brown | 5 Star WR

Freak athlete already, average receiving skills. He has a D in physical potential because he's already so athletic, a C+ in skills potential, and a D in work ethic.

He chooses to go to a 6-star school where they have an OC who is great at developing running backs but average at developing WR's.

Jason comes in as an 80 Overall freshman and sees the field right away but ends his career as 81 overall, having not put the work in and being in the wrong system to advance his career.
Maybe an 85 or 86. He at least gets better because he becomes more aware in the system.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Not more coaches, please no. If you can spread those ratings over HC, OC and DC i would be happy.
Haha, I understand the concern here. I intentionally didn't want to get down to a position coaches level.

But an S&C coach is arguably the 2nd most important person on a football team's staff.

So much of college football is about physical development and weight & strength increases. I think it's important to add an S&C coach but it doesn't need to go beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Maybe an 85 or 86. He at least gets better because he becomes more aware in the system.
The issue is that he has poor work ethic - so he's not in his playbook, etc etc. In real life it's actually more common for a guy like this to regress in a program.

It think it should possible for a player with a work ethic of F to end their career with a worse rating than they started.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5

a concern i thought of with the physical attributes. yes it would be cool to see your players getting stronger, adding weight & even growing a little bit. but lets be honest, in ncaa weight & strength do not matter due to the physics of this game engine. although, i would say height does matter.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phily915
a concern i thought of with the physical attributes. yes it would be cool to see your players getting stronger, adding weight & even growing a little bit. but lets be honest, in ncaa weight & strength do not matter due to the physics of this game engine. although, i would say height does matter.
I understand that but I think that's where EA has to improve not the theory needs changing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

How do you decide who gets to hire those coaches or scouts? Does every team have a budget? How do you determine what that budget is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »