Home

help with navy

This is a discussion on help with navy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2003, 10:28 PM   #1
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
help with navy

i need some help with using navy
im trying to start a dynasty with them but i dont know how to really use them well
i know that they are going to b pretty bad no matter what but i need to know some good plays that i can use
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2003, 11:26 PM   #2
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: help with navy

Option. I used the Nebraska offense when I was there for a while because I was able to pass, but just run the offense they have. It is mainly run plays but you'll learn to love it if you don't already
Old 10-01-2003, 08:22 PM   #3
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Your lucky with Navy, because your QB, Candeto, is a beast. I use Navy, and through three games (I'm 2-1) he's averaging 150+ yards a game rushing. He also leads my teams in carries.

Personally, I wouldn't use Navy unless your prepared to run, and run often, especially the triple option. Besides Candeto you won't really have any playmakers, and you'll be in trouble if you fall behind a team.

Interestingly, if you get good enough at the option, you won't have to throw the ball. I just beat Eastern Michigan in my dynasty 28-21, without putting the ball in the air.

Good Luck.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

sycodmn said:
Your lucky with Navy, because your QB, Candeto, is a beast. I use Navy, and through three games (I'm 2-1) he's averaging 150+ yards a game rushing. He also leads my teams in carries.

Personally, I wouldn't use Navy unless your prepared to run, and run often, especially the triple option. Besides Candeto you won't really have any playmakers, and you'll be in trouble if you fall behind a team.

Interestingly, if you get good enough at the option, you won't have to throw the ball. I just beat Eastern Michigan in my dynasty 28-21, without putting the ball in the air.

Good Luck.

what level r u playing on?
because ive already started mine and my qb is averagig 45 yds in my game my leading rusher is fb#36 with 76 yds a game
Old 10-02-2003, 02:54 PM   #5
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

All American with adjusted sliders.

I've had a lot of practice running the Triple Option out of the Flexbone though, which helps a lot. Plus, in the games I've played, it seems like my team has come out like gangbusters, just steamrolling people. I played Air Force, and got shut down, so I think part of it is my team is just coming to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2003, 08:02 PM   #6
Rookie

tbmd96's Arena

OVR: 1

Finally, some props for USNA. Its going to be tough the first couple of years in Dynasty. You have to use the wide flexbone and always run the option to the strong side. If you run to the weak side, you don't have good enough lineman to keep the D from crushing you.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

i'm 1-4 with navy, i haven't won since candeto went down for 9 weeks in my second game. polanco isn't helping out much. i switched to the nebraska playbook, and i'm giving lane and roberts each 20-25 carries a game. that seems to be the only option i have, polanco just cannot throw that ball, or run the option that well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »