Home

Defensive Question - The Screen

This is a discussion on Defensive Question - The Screen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Defensive Question - The Screen

I know it's been covered elsewhere, I simply thought perhaps someone might have fresh insight or information than what I found in the other threads. Essentially, we have a player equal to my skill level in our online dynasty that likes to use screens of all kinds. I lost a title game to him once based pretty much solely on that fact. It's appearing I'll be meeting up with him again in the title game, and I wondered what I can do to help minimize their impact on the game? He'll make use of WR screens to a certain degree, but what was a real killer before were his HB screens. The odd thing the first time was, I wasn't blitzing much at all. I rarely do in fact. I was playing some Cover 2 and things that supposedly sent people over into the flats to watch for the outlet man from the backfield. For some reason, this didn't help at all. So, what do you guys think? I use Notre Dame, in our sixth year with a completely overhauled talent base. I run a 3-4 defensive scheme, which gives me access to funky stuff like the 1-5-5, the 2-4-5, 3-3-5, and your normal Nickel and Dime packages. The majority of my defense is pretty aware and quick at this point. Thank you for any tips and new (fresh) ideas on the subject!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Banned

raquelraul12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Question - The Screen

doesnt matter what formation you use honestly. Ither take control of a lb and just watch if a screen starts to happen and be there asap. Iv seen where they put there D/E To Outside contain, But the best way is to never blitz on screens and just take control of the fastest lb and always be lined up by the RB.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

Defensive Hot Route your LDE to man up on the RB. If the screen goes left the DE will kill it... or maybe even pick it off.

If it goes right he will be right there for the hit.

It is good to user a LB like the other guy mentioned and help out.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

if you know he uses screens a ton with the RB start watching for the RB to release on a screen pass. You should be able to user defend this play. User a defender on the RB side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »