Home

Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13.

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #33
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13.

I doubt they would incorporate any form of money just because it can raise potential ethical issues.

Wht really annoyed me is as a coordinator you would never get the opportunity to coach the school your coordinating even if the coach was fired.

Small school HC's and big school C's would go to be Big school coordinators.
Big school coordinators, small school HC's and small school coordinators would goto be small school coaches.
Small school HC's and coordinators would goto small school coordinators.
Big school HC's would only leave through firing, maybe offer from alma matters or if a traditional power house offered (a la , OSU, USC, ND).

It's pretty basic and for some reason it doesn't work. I've gone from coordinating North Texas to HC of TAMU, which makes no sense. Maybe to be a coordinator but not a HC.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I doubt they would incorporate any form of money just because it can raise potential ethical issues.

Wht really annoyed me is as a coordinator you would never get the opportunity to coach the school your coordinating even if the coach was fired.

Small school HC's and big school C's would go to be Big school coordinators.
Big school coordinators, small school HC's and small school coordinators would goto be small school coaches.
Small school HC's and coordinators would goto small school coordinators.
Big school HC's would only leave through firing, maybe offer from alma matters or if a traditional power house offered (a la , OSU, USC, ND).

It's pretty basic and for some reason it doesn't work. I've gone from coordinating North Texas to HC of TAMU, which makes no sense. Maybe to be a coordinator but not a HC.
what ethical issue? coaches make big money in real life, and they vary greatly depending on the school in real life. why is that an issue?

unless i misunderstood and he meant for players, but i didn't get that and it's not real anyway (at least not legal).

i don't really like that idea though, cause just because a coach makes a lot doesn't mean he's a good coach.

if i were gonna add money into the equation, i'd put it with the school. then, if you're the hc, let you budget for your coords (and the higher you pay the better coach you can get) and budget for recruiting. (and eventually for stadium and facility upgrades if they ever add upgrades in). and obviously the better, more successful teams (long term, not flash in pan teams, but you can earn your way up, or down for that matter) have a much larger budget. just like in real life, the alabama's, osu's, texas', uf's and usc's would all have much higher budgets (i.e. be able to pay top dollar for coaches and be able to recruit nationally) than the smu's, la tech's, idaho's, etc. (who have to try to find up and coming coaches and mainly stick to regional recruiting).

i know that's nothing new, though. this idea has been hashed out so many times before.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11

In the online dynasty I run, after year 3 there were 5 coaches fired that had winning records:

Jimbo Fisher 25-13
Everett Winters 25-14
Troy Calhoun 23-16
Les Miles 21-17
Will Muschamp 20-19

I understood why Miles and Muschamp were fired.

Troy Calhoun had 3 winning seasons at Air Force
Jimbo Fisher and Everett Winters each had only 2 winning seasons, but you would think above 55% would get a coach to keep his job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #36
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Here's my take for how they should do the CC for upcoming games

A . First off OC / DC hiring and firing is a MUST! This feature here made the CC get stale so quickly in 2012.

B. Lets add ratings to all coaches. When creating a head coach you choose where your points go that you start with I'll continue later about this. (See chart below)

C. Make it where you have the choice between Open Dynasty ( choose where you start and if you are HC, OC, DC and you will start out with the points that the coach you sign as has already) or a Career Dynasty (Start out with a mixed bag of maybe C rated jobs for DC or OC, maybe a B just for making it easy, and then D rated HC jobs and maybe a C for an easier career start.)

D. When you start out in either career as a HC you can either keep your OC & DC or fire them and hire another pool of mixed bag of coaches based on how good your school is and if they're interested.

E. Add in contracts for ALL jobs, sign a DC for 2 years, only way you can fire him is if he doesn't meet 50% of his goals.

F. Fire a coordinator in offseason or one leaves, make it where you have to hire one that is interested and base your hire on your playbook / team style.

I could go on forever on things to implement into a awesome CC, feel free to add to here or discuss things to add/change.

Here is my chart on ratings maybe for coaches. Start out allowing 8-10 points to allocate where you want them. As your career goes on completing goals on your contract will add points that you can spend, and completing other goals such as; career goals, game goals, and season goals, you can earn points to spend. Like 2k8, but a bit different. (only in a career style dynasty would you have set amount on points)

Offensive Ratings l Defensive Ratings l General Ratings
Quarterbacks : C- l Safeties : C- l Game Decisions* : C-
Running Backs : C- l Cornerbacks : C- l Recruiting : C-
Receivers : C- l Linebackers : C- l Charisma : C-
O - Line : C- l D- Line : C- l Discipline** : C-

*Game Decisions : How you coach in the clutch, and your players make plays in big games and when games are on the line. ( Maybe be replaced by something else)
** Discipline : Since they're not going to add in suspensions again probably again, this feature could be a tool in recruiting, and how your players are poised on the field. ( Yet again could be replaced and it's almost similar to the ratings above)

Say I started out as an OC and they went with starting with 8 points

Red will show where I added

Offensive Ratings l Defensive Ratings l General Ratings
Quarterbacks : C+ l Safeties : C- l Game Decisions* : C
Running Backs : C+ l Cornerbacks : C- l Recruiting : C-
Receivers : C+ l Linebackers : C- l Charisma : C-
O - Line : C l D- Line : C- l Discipline** : C-

It would really just depend on how you wanted to start and what you were wanting to do in your career.

Doing this with the CC could make dynasty even that much more exciting to do. But the goals would have to be reasonable and it would need to make it where you couldn't max out your stats in say 3 years, especially if your playing sim style with sim sliders. Just an opinion....
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #37
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
(Cut to not make Post Obscenely long)
That would be great! My idea is this (Similar to the one you posted)

Say I am HC at School
Overall: C
Offense C+(Gives offense a boost)
Defense C (Gives defense a boost)
Charisma B- (Helps with recruiting, creates less transfers)
Scouting D- (For Recruiting, Helps you see the Recruits stats instead of them being unlocked from the start)
Gameplanning D(Helps edit your playbook depending on the team. A small section of your playbook would be dedicated to plays tat work well against the opponent's defense. 4-16 plays, depending on the rating)
Discipline C(Prevents penalties)
Teaching C+(Helps make players better)
Motivation C+(Gets players ready for games)

Also, you would have postion bonuses. They would be better with a higher overall. So for a C coach, it could be like:
O Line +2 Strength, +3 Awareness
Linebackers +4 Strength

For OC and DC, replace Defense/Offense with Motivation (Odds of them getting a better job) and a worse Position bonus.

So a C OC could give
RBs +3 Speed

A B+ DC could give
CBs +4 Speed, +3 Awareness, +3 Jumping

If a OC/DC became head Coach, their stats would all be docked 2 grades (B+ to B-, B- to C, etc) and recieve a low grade in their opposite category (C OD would get a D in Defense, B+ DC would get a C+ in offence) and a poor bonus to the offence/defense guys.

Sorry if this is confusing. What do you guys think?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
That would be great! My idea is this (Similar to the one you posted).....(Everything in between)
Sorry if this is confusing. What do you guys think?
I agree with you there. I think if EA could somehow do this with their CC it would be great. Now we don't know if NCAA 13's CC is going to be redone, guess we'll find out when they release dynasty information. But at the least they must have added in hiring/firing of OC/DC if your HC, and also added in a better progression system for all coaches, or this years CC is going to be a big bust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »