Home

Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year

This is a discussion on Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #41
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year

Im excited for 13. I liked 12 and cant wait for 13.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Seems relevant: http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...ses-this-year/

NCAA 13 is the 6th most anticipated title this year on the PS3, 9th on the 360 (Madden 13 is 3rd, 4th).

Last edited by mestevo; 04-10-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #43
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I wish it was this way for me. Unfortunately, I'm such a big college football fan, that it would take a pretty crappy game for me not to buy it. Considering 12 was "pretty crappy", I've forced myself to actually weigh my options here. Just the fact that someone like me (who has bought every single NCAA since '03) is considering discontinuing my seasonal purchase speaks volumes of how far behind EA is.

Anyway, I'll probably buy it, but EA is going to have to show me some things in gameplay that actually have me believing I could even have fun with the game.
I hear you, but I don't think EA cares about the guy who almost doesn't buy the game every year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

Ever since EA has ponied up cash to buy the rights to be complacent with their football titles we get a thread similar to this. If the ranting is theraputic, I totally understand, thinking it's going to do anything more than make you feel a little better, keep dreaming.

The reality is this year the same as it has been since 2006. EA is the only show in town therefore you will never get the BEST football games they POSSIBLY COULD BE. Competition destroys complacency. Look at NBA2k then NBA Live being scrapped by EA. Do you really think if they had exclusive rights to the NBA that game would have been scrapped? HELLZ NO it wouldnt have. Look people, we live in a capitalist society which means if you got the money, you got the power. Its this way in businesses, politics, and even when it comes to what women are available for you to date. It's sad, not right, but true. There is nothing wrong exactly, with a capitalist society IF the people with the power actually do the right thing. In this case, the right thing would be EA Sports actually ending their complacency with their football games even though they are the only show in town. But they dont, and people will either have to buy or not buy.

It is true that EA doesn't care about the dude who "almost" doesnt buy the game, just like most of you (including myself) have stopped at a light before with homeless person with a sign and you keep your window rolled up and just wait for the light to turn green. You (myself included) are that "homless person" now on the corner, and EA is the dude in the Bently at the light, not rolling his window down, looking straight ahead waiting for that light to turn green. Do you know why they do this? And do you know why we have all been guilty of doing it? It's simple, the homeless dude isnt our problem. A handfull of bitter sports fans on message boards are not EA's problem as long as they arent putting a dent in the sales (and we arent).

Wether a person buys this year or doesnt will have different factors. Some of us just have so many games we are into now the longer time passes after NCAA's launch the easier it is for us to not think about it, which means not buying it. Some of us are adults with families and those things distract us from getting to the store and picking up the game. There are all sorts of reasons, but at the end of the day wether you buy or you dont buy, youre going to get (or not get) whatever EA Sports wants to give you. If EA Sports were a person, they would be in the 1%

Now will I buy it? I sure will. But I'm fortunate enough to have enough of a disposable income to pick up the game, play it hardcore for a weekend and if come that monday I find out its just not worth playing until the wee hours of the morning anymore, I will go back to playing all my other games that i dont have time to finish in a month lol. But I'm buying it regardless because I know the reality is not buying it doesnt make any kind of a statement. It's only a "satement" if it's noticed, and that game will sell well enough "satements" will be non-existent in EA's eyes.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 5

I am as much a fan as anyone and love my NCAA fix; however, as difficult as not playing will be, you have to be able to look at the big picture. Sure for the first few hours it will be great, but as you wear down from your high you will say, "I wish I did not fall for it again" and we will go another year without the changes that are needed. However, if we all stay strong and send a clear message that we will not be taken any longer, I believe that it would be much better for all of us in the long run. I can say that no matter what, this will not be a first day purchase for me for the first time in as long as I can remember and I will wait to read reviews and then will possibly purchase the game used. I may have to pay for online access, but I would rather give EA $10 to play online if I chose, than $60 for a broken unchanged game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #46
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Im excited for 13. I liked 12 and cant wait for 13.
I am in the same boat. I am still playing 12 and have enjoyed it the entire time. NCAA 13 will be another first day purchase for me. I just love College Football to much to go without it. Unless the game is really really just unplayable, it will always be a first day buy.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #47
Rookie

turok77's Arena

OVR: 2

im buying it anyway, idgaf
Old 04-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm torn on this. I loved 11. I really didn't like 12 due to the tendency bug - I really didn't even play it after this was discovered because it changed the way the entire game played. It was "fixed" but something tells me the same issue will be there in 13 and I'd hate to pay the money if that issue isn't fixed.

On the other hand, I'm a big college fan as others have said so its pretty hard for me to not buy the game. I've also come to the realization that no major changes are going to be made on this gen. There have been rumors that the new Xbox and PS3 are coming out late 2013, which pretty much means 2 (maybe 3) more games released on this gen. So do I buy 13 and play it until the next gen? Or do I wait and then buy 14? Tough decisions. I've already gone 8 months without playing a college football game which has sucked; do I really wanna go another year or more without playing one? I'm torn. Throw in the Halo 4 wrinkle and the decision gets even tougher.

I really don't know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »